Sport Bikes banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
R6Junkie and myke ..... Hey its Jeremy from Mid-ohio, I finally got on here and made an account. My brother and I are definatly wanting to do another track day this year. So let me know when you guys are going again. I got to get my sliders scuffed up a little more.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
R6Junkie and myke ..... Hey its Jeremy from Mid-ohio, I finally got on here and made an account. My brother and I are definatly wanting to do another track day this year. So let me know when you guys are going again. I got to get my sliders scuffed up a little more.
Hey Hey Jeremy. glad ya could drop in. I'm not sure if I am going to do another track day or not but would like to do a 2 dayer in Sept. looks like I may scrounge some stuff for ebay to support my habit. if not riding I may be there to cheer you guys on.....and drink Mikes beer :banana

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Hey Hey Jeremy. glad ya could drop in. I'm not sure if I am going to do another track day or not but would like to do a 2 dayer in Sept. looks like I may scrounge some stuff for ebay to support my habit. if not riding I may be there to cheer you guys on.....and drink Mikes beer :banana
You don't drink beer man.....:beer I'll put a lock on the cooler while I'm on the track. :bitchslap

Your ass is going in September! Even if you don't ride, you could be my pit bitch.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Glad you found this place. I plan on Sept at Mid-Ohio.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
You don't drink beer man.....:beer I'll put a lock on the cooler while I'm on the track. :bitchslap

Your ass is going in September! Even if you don't ride, you could be my pit bitch.
I drank some thursday and sat while I was out of town working. found a great tex mex place that served 32oz beer for $3. and great food too :cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Early sept. would work for me. Mid to late sept won't because our baby is due on the 23rd. Didn't know if you had any ideas on when you guys wanted to go. Also Andy and I are going to mid-ohio for the superbike races aug 1-3, wondering if you guys are going?

·
Registered
22 Posts
that sucks! I just checked the schedule for sept. and the earliest is the 18th. Im sure Andy will still go. I might have to plan a trip to the gap instead.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
that sucks! I just checked the schedule for sept. and the earliest is the 18th. Im sure Andy will still go. I might have to plan a trip to the gap instead.
I'm going to Mid-Ohio Sept 22-23. I'm signing up now. That will be my last run of the year. It's on a Monday and Tuesday and then I think my wife and I are going to the Gap for the rest of the week. We are taking the car but we just love the entire area. (NC, TN, GA) It's better in the mountains than at the beach!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have either of you guys done a LED(Max-time event). Andy and I are thinking of going on Aug 23 for the one at mid-ohio. Are they worth doing? We live close so its not a big deal to get there. And we wondering where you get your safety wire? Is there a kit you can buy or is it something you put together yourself.

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Have either of you guys done a LED(Max-time event). Andy and I are thinking of going on Aug 23 for the one at mid-ohio. Are they worth doing? We live close so its not a big deal to get there. And we wondering where you get your safety wire? Is there a kit you can buy or is it something you put together yourself.
I did an LED last fall. It's only intermediate and advanced. 1/2 hour sessions each group instead of 20 mins. It's pretty much the same as a regular day without novice so you get more tracktime.

I bought my safety wire pliers online (aviation pliers) and got a spool of stainless wire at work for free. :)

LED days are fun and you'll be pretty tired by the end of the day. Ride safe guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did an LED last fall. It's only intermediate and advanced. 1/2 hour sessions each group instead of 20 mins. It's pretty much the same as a regular day without novice so you get more tracktime.

I bought my safety wire pliers online (aviation pliers) and got a spool of stainless wire at work for free. :)

LED days are fun and you'll be pretty tired by the end of the day. Ride safe guys!
Looked at the mid-ohio site and it said LED's are for accomplished riders and you had to have at least 4 previous track days to do one. So now were looking at Aug 12. its a regular day.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You can buy a kit but you'll end up needing more wire eventually.
I bought this:
MSR Hard Parts MSR SAFETY WIRE PLIERS - PowersportEquipment.com
and this:
MSR Hard Parts MSR 1/LB CAN SAFETY WIRE .032 - PowersportEquipment.com

Let me know if you have any questions since it looks like we have the same bikes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can buy a kit but you'll end up needing more wire eventually.
I bought this:
MSR Hard Parts MSR SAFETY WIRE PLIERS - PowersportEquipment.com
and this:
MSR Hard Parts MSR 1/LB CAN SAFETY WIRE .032 - PowersportEquipment.com

Let me know if you have any questions since it looks like we have the same bikes.
Hey thanks for the info on the wire, I'll probably be buying that and doing my whole bike this winter. For now its good to go. I'll definatly hit you up if I have any questions.

Just signed up for a track day on aug 12.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys,
Had an awsome day on the 12th. Andy and I both were dragging knees everywhere. It just kinda came naturally. They didn't have a photographer there so I don't have any pics to show.

I had a little bit of a problem with my grip though. I'm thinking I might need some better tires (currently running dunlop qualifiers). On a lot of my rights I was feeling like they were pushing, it felt stable and yet unstable at the same time. It only felt like this when I was dragging my footpegs too. Also almost tucked the front end on the right after the back straight. I'm pretty sure that was my fault though because I realized I was putting a little weight on my inside handlebar. Anyways I was wondering if thats a good sign that I might need some DOT race tires?

Andy is still hoping to go again with you guys in sept. He has to put his stock exhaust back on or get a new one, because his pipe drags. He is a little upset at two bro's right now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey guys,
Had an awsome day on the 12th. Andy and I both were dragging knees everywhere. It just kinda came naturally. They didn't have a photographer there so I don't have any pics to show.

I had a little bit of a problem with my grip though. I'm thinking I might need some better tires (currently running dunlop qualifiers). On a lot of my rights I was feeling like they were pushing, it felt stable and yet unstable at the same time. It only felt like this when I was dragging my footpegs too. Also almost tucked the front end on the right after the back straight. I'm pretty sure that was my fault though because I realized I was putting a little weight on my inside handlebar. Anyways I was wondering if thats a good sign that I might need some DOT race tires?

Andy is still hoping to go again with you guys in sept. He has to put his stock exhaust back on or get a new one, because his pipe drags. He is a little upset at two bro's right now.

If you're dragging pegs it's probably more of an issue of poor body positioning...quite possibly same story with your buddy's exhaust dragging issue.

Qualifiers aren't the best trackday tire...I don't know if that means you need to go to the extreme of race tires though.

Not raining on your parade...just pointing out what's typical of new track rider issues.

Either way, glad you had fun! Keep it up! :cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're dragging pegs it's probably more of an issue of poor body positioning...quite possibly same story with your buddy's exhaust dragging issue.

Qualifiers aren't the best trackday tire...I don't know if that means you need to go to the extreme of race tires though.

Not raining on your parade...just pointing out what's typical of new track rider issues.

Either way, glad you had fun! Keep it up! :cheers
Thanks! I just got some info on it from STT and I think It is a suspension problem because I have not yet had it set up to me. Its possible that I might not be hanging off enough, but I love hanging off on my right handers. They didn't have a photographer there so I don't get to see if I was or was not

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh and your not raining on my parade. I'll take as much advice and info as I can get. And in advance to any other issues that ill probably have, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
765 Posts
cool

definitely get your suspension setup properly.
it's the best $50 you can spend.
There are a lot of 06/07 R6's running around these days. If you buddy up with someone they might even lend a hand it could be free! At the same time you could sweep up some take-offs!

You shouldn't be scraping pegs. If anything, once ina while, you might touch a toe down. If your body positioning isn't just right and your suspension isn't setup properly, you'll eventually end up scraping the whole side of the bike...stock can and lower fairing.

I kind of take exception to people who repsond "you need new rearsets" as soon as a rookie track rider scrapes a peg or foot. Rearsets aren't an issue until much later in the game. As long as your feelers are off you're good to go.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts