Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been alot of questions about trackdays in the SW. Figure I might be able to cover the 4 main outfits in one post to help limit repeated questions and answers.

1. AZTrackday www.aztrackday.com
2. TeamAZ www.motorcycletraining.com
3. SoCal Trackdays www.socaltrackdays.com
4. Arroyo Seco www.asmaracing.com

Lets start in order:

1. I've only done one Team Ted, I mean AZTrackday event and that was a few years ago. They run the Firebird tracks, East, West, and Main.
- 4 to 5 groups
-12 to 15 minute sessions
-Riders per group vary but not uncommon to have 20-30 riders per
-Rates vary from $99/half day to $179/full day. Check the site for details

My personal opinion. Well, crowded, not very long sessions, expensive but local to the Phoenix area.

2. I use to work corners for this outfit a while back. They run the Firebird tracks also and use to run AMP when it was open.
-3 groups only
-20 minute sessions
-They limit the # of riders per group to 20 I think. There is a limit.
-Rates are $100/half day and $150/full day

Personal Opinion. If I were going to pay for a local trackday, this would be the organization I'd do it with.

3. I've never been to one of these events. Heard really good things about them. They mainly run Pahrump which is NW of Vegas.
-1 group only
-No sessions. Open track all day long.
-Limited to 30 riders total for the whole day
-Rates $185/day

Personal opinion. I'd love to try it. Bit of a drive. Excellent deal for ride time/$ spent.

4. I'm currently involved with this track and I have my reasons for it. The only run one track but it is run both CW and CCW so basically it's two different tracks in one weekend.
-2 groups normally, sometimes just 1 if there is a small turnout
-20 minute sessions or open track depending on the groups
-Limited to about 20 riders/group.
-Rates vary sometimes. Normally $100/day or $150/2 days. Specials are run sometimes and group rates are available.

Personal opinion. Love the organization. The people (riders and staff) are awesome to deal with. Bit of a drive. Safest track in the SW. Best bang for the buck when it comes to riding time/$$ spent.

I have onboard video from all the tracks except Firebird Main. Unfortunately I don't have the time to figure out the uploading. But to check out a few of the tracks, Arroyo, FBE and FBW click here. http://www.clubracer.net/forum/showthread.php?t=334

Attachments

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
:dblthumb awesome write up Philbie muchas gracias....
sticky is in order....:cheers

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Asma 2006

Race/Trackday Schedule is up (has been for a while) on the asma site you guys need to get out there and have some fun any questions should be directed towards SometimeRacer (owner/racer) or Philbie (race school instructor/Formula Arroyo Amateur Champion)....

link to schedule.... http://www.asmaracing.com/

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those that wanna compare Trackday costs for local events vs Arroyo here is something that is pretty accurate. I copied it from another post. PM me if you want more info.

Philbie said:
I'm only going to clarify if I can. If you figure out the $$$ spent / mile ridden I think you'll be farther ahead in NM.

2-20 (30/hr)minute sessions vs 3-20 (20/hr) TeamAZ? 50% more ride time
2-20 vs 4-15 (15/hr) TeamTed? 100% more time (double)

$75/day vs $165 (not positive, could be higher)? 120% more expensive

Lets figure you get 6hrs to ride:

ASMA: $75/9 sessions= $8.33/session (provided the afternoon isn't an open track.
TeamAZ: $165/6 sessions=$27.50
TeamTed: Same as above but 5 minutes less tracktime/hr so closer to $34.38/session.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The only update I have is that we now have XCel operating out of Arizona Motorsports Park, and I think I'm going to register for their 10/19 event.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts