Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what goes on during track days for you guys? is it just a day when regular riders bring there bike to the track and try to work there limit? are there people there giving you pointers? does it help you with your street riding? how exspensive is it?

thanks, jon

·
Registered
966 Posts
jon341427 said:
what goes on during track days for you guys? is it just a day when regular riders bring there bike to the track and try to work there limit? are there people there giving you pointers? does it help you with your street riding? how exspensive is it?

thanks, jon
Yea its bassiclly all of the above. It will help your street riding out so much, you will learn how to lean over while still on the brakes. You will learn about panicng and keeping your cool at the same time. I would equvalate 1 track day to 6 months of riding on the street. But be carefull, your giong to get hooked, and thats when it gets expensive!!:) Welcome to your new drug

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
Depends on the track, the trackday provider, and the skill of the rider attending.

C - groups are more for the first timer, not a lot of experience and wanting to learn. Sometimes passing is allowed on the straights.

B - groups are for the experienced track rider wanting more tracktime, and improvement. Passing is allowed, normally with a 6' buffer between bikes. Curtious and safe passing is the mantra.

A - groups are for the very fast trackday rider and club racers, who need/want practice. A groups have no passing restrictions so expect to trade paint with other bikes and get stuffed by faster riders.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It must work differently in other states, but here in Colorado you just go to the track, give the old dude in the truck $45 and go ride around as fast as you want. Come off the track when you are sliding around becase your tires are overheated or you have a close call...

There are often cars and other vehicles on the track with you. I go to a go cart track too and those shifter karts smoke bikes through that tight track.

But I think in most areas they are organized and it costs alot more.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
jon341427 said:
how much would it cost to say ride in a group C track group?
For an organized bike only track day with safety as a concern (tech inspection, safety briefing, spotting laps, corner workers, stand-by ambulance etc.) and some level of instruction (at least pointers), expect to pay from $120 - 200+.

A first class operation here in CA:

http://www.keigwin.com/

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
RayOSV said:
For an organized bike only track day with safety as a concern (tech inspection, safety briefing, spotting laps, corner workers, stand-by ambulance etc.) and some level of instruction (at least pointers), expect to pay from $120 - 200+.

A first class operation here in CA:

http://www.keigwin.com/
Keigwins puts on great trackdays. ZoomZoomTrackdays are awesom as well. Pacific track time is another great one. And I've heard a lot of good things about the new kid on the block cal-sportbiketracktime.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jackal79 said:
It must work differently in other states, but here in Colorado you just go to the track, give the old dude in the truck $45 and go ride around as fast as you want. Come off the track when you are sliding around becase your tires are overheated or you have a close call...

There are often cars and other vehicles on the track with you. I go to a go cart track too and those shifter karts smoke bikes through that tight track.

But I think in most areas they are organized and it costs alot more.
Wow!! they let you on the track with cars??
Here in Texas it runs $100-$120 for organized track days.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
No way I'm running on the track with cars and shifter karts!

jon341427, it's great that you are interested in track days. The most fun you'll ever have and you'll learn as much
as your brain can process.

Go to the Racers Corner and look up track days. Check out the different track organizations they list and join one! There's about a dozen listed.

Or just use the Search
button.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
You can go to nesba.com or wera.com for some cool info as well. Only drawback is for me at least trackdays have toned down my street riding. I tend to putt around town and do day trips where I used to rail in the twisties. Yes, it is expensive but much less than tickets and court fees.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would never get on a track with cars!

I live in SoCal, lots of tracks here!

I have done track days at, Willow Springs, California Speedway, Button Willow, Laguna Seca, Spring Valley Ranch, Streets of Willow. All very in price depending on the track, and what day of the week. Weekends are more, and Laguna Seca, and California speedway are the most $$. Spring Valley is a good deal if you ride with SoCalTrackDays. No sessions! Ride all you want from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Last time I rode there Jason DiSalvo was there practicing. Five hours from LA.A. though! Plus its in Nye county Nevada :boing if you no what I mean.

I am no expert but here is a picture of me there.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts