Sport Bikes banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can't see it very well... but the rear is worn WELL to the edge. Fresh Diablos that morning. I can't say enough good things about those tires. Mid way through the first 20 minute session, the tires were grippy enough to lean full, even with mold compound on them at the beginning of the session.

Full lean, scraping pucks and leading the pack (in front of 600s), all on stock SV suspension (with 20 wt fork oil). :D

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
444 Posts
Very nice man, I hope to join the l33t3st of the l33t someday.. just always worried bout reckz0ring the bike...

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
diamond said:
sniff... I wanna go play, too... :a2
Then why don't you? It looks like you're ready to at least

...or do you just like to walk around the house in full leathers

...or do you do it solely for Ben's enjoyment :twofinger

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Is anyone else interested in doing one come late july or august??? I am for sure hooked and need a fix!

Attachments

·
All new kind of FAST!!
286 Posts
Captal said:
Looks like a lot of work to get the bike ready
it actually isnt' that much work at all... an hour if that... tape stuff up, disconnect brake lights... take fairings off if you want... other then that... not much else to do.

It was recommend to me to change your oil before hand, and just checking everything else...

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
+1

It's really easy. Nothing too crazy like safety wiring or changing coolant.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Sweet! I was waiting for those! Hey Bonk, that's awesome! Are you planning on doing any more days this year? I want to sign up for one more. Maybe late july/ early august.
Go to the Sunday, Aug 1st event. There will be a bunch of people from Madisonsportbikes.com going also. I've ridden with these guys on the weekends, and they're a good bunch.

I'm shooting to get bumped into Intermediate. Had I not touched down and low-sided, I would have been bumped at the end of the heat. Not bad for my second track day :D.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Captal said:
Looks like a lot of work to get the bike ready
For those who've never been to the track, here's your options:

1. Intro
2. Beginner

Intro: free, but passing is limited to the front straight. The first 2 sessions are shared by Beginner and Intermediate. Double thick jeans(ONLY IN INTRO), leather lace-up boots (or better), helmet, and gloves are necessary. Tape your lights and plastic that may shatter.

Beginners: regular price. shares first two sessions with Intro. Then beginner has track space alone the rest of the day (in 20 minute sessions, once per hour--like Intermediate and Advanced groups). Must have one or two piece (with partial or full circumference zipper between pants/jacket) suit. The suit may be synthetic leather, but not mesh (thin, see through). back protector encouraged, but not necessary. Gloves, helmet, and boots necessary.

No wiring or coolant swapping necessary for beginner and intro classes.

Bike will have to pass tech inspection. this is basically a check to see that you won't kill yourself or others with a leaky, broken, or worn-out bike.

During riding, there will be "control riders" out on the track wearing orange and riding with you. they were/are motorcycle racers of all sorts of backgrounds. They help you improve your skill and offer feedback. Very valuable.

Learn to be comfortable on the street with your bike. I guarantee you will improve your street riding skill level when you are done for the day.

·
Motorcycles are sexy!
826 Posts
Moses said:
Then why don't you? It looks like you're ready to at least
I had to wait for health insurance (just got it two days ago)... now I've got some new mods on the way, gonna get her all tuned up, get the trailer done, and then I just have to get her to the next local event.

I'll be slower, I'm sure... but I'll get out there... :)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.