Sport Bikes banner

Track Day after only 2 months of street riding

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  browardboy 
#1 · (Edited)
I got my motorcycle license in march and have improved a lot since taking the msf course. I think i have put around 1000 miles on my bike. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to start doing track days this early? I dont enjoy riding on the street as i get too worried of other drivers, and there is very few places to have fun on a bike around Florida. Just wondering if any other riders started doing track days this early before. Let me know what you all think. Bike is an 02 F4i.

#2 ·
Vortes,

I think that it's hard to measure experience by time or even miles. Track days are great learning opportunities for all riders but I would say that to really get a good experience you have to be at a point were the fundamentals are second nature. You don't have to be super fast, but reacting and responding should come naturally. I remember a broad range of skill level in the novice group but those that seemed to have the most fun at least seemed to have the basics down solid.

Good luck and enjoy. There is nothing like the rush of a track day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.