Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally ran into it at the 6800 mile mark. . .

While running at a steady speed the bike was jolting back and forth.
When I pulled in the clutch it stalled while in traffic.
When it would idle it ran at 800 rpm.

The kicker is I bought this bike from a guy with 300 miles on the ticker and never tranfered the warranty right away(didnt know there was a 10 day time frame!) So here I sit with 13 days of the 1 year mark and I gotta shell out the monies. . .or so it seems like thats the case, unless some of you have ideas for me to throw towards yamaha???

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
the YES warranty goes on the bike not the individual! who ever your talking to is on crack!!!! i bought my baby at 6200 miles on her with 14 days to the one year mark, i bought the YES off ebay from some dealer ( dont know where) he said yamaha was supposed to send some papers never seen them tho. and i had it in the shop couple months after 1 year mark and YES covered it all. i was told by three (3) dealers (while YES shopping) it does not matter about the individual just as long as the YES is on the VIN for the bike. so maybe you should ask them about that or just make the distance to a better shop! :banana

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
rah7777777 said:
the YES warranty goes on the bike not the individual! who ever your talking to is on crack!!!! i bought my baby at 6200 miles on her with 14 days to the one year mark, i bought the YES off ebay from some dealer ( dont know where) he said yamaha was supposed to send some papers never seen them tho. and i had it in the shop couple months after 1 year mark and YES covered it all. i was told by three (3) dealers (while YES shopping) it does not matter about the individual just as long as the YES is on the VIN for the bike. so maybe you should ask them about that or just make the distance to a better shop! :banana

just realized your talking about the factory one year warranty.(stupid me!!!)
im not too sure about that. you could buy the yes warranty (like $430 for 4 year, off ebay) and take it in on that! sorry for my stupidity! :banana

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So, you're still in warranty, but it's just still registered with the old owner? Or are you 13 days outside the warranty period?

If you're still in warranty, have you tried just talking to the dealer? Maybe they're not that strict on the whole 10-day notification thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts