Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since this forum needs some more activity and I already posted a thread on my wife's touring-equipped YZF600R, I figured I'd followup with one on my ZZR1200:

Here's what she's got:

Kawasaki/Givi hard side cases
Tourmaster Sport tailbag
Marsee Mighty Mini tank bag
Genmar risers
Grip Puppies
hard-wired Garmin GPS 276c
Lockhart-Philips tank bra
Metzeler Z6 tires

So... anybody else with touring-equipped sport bikes? Post 'em up!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Give me about a month or month and a half to order and install all the parts for my Bandit... :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
How's that ZZR as a tourer? Not sure exactly what that bike is supposed to be. Seems like it would make a good distance bike...

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
It's basically the replacement for the ZX11. Larger engine, heavier. Kinda kewl but I can't quite get past the "Katanaesque headlights"

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Here's mine...

Givi E350 topcase and Chase Harper tankbag. I decided to travel light this time, and take a lot less tools and camera gear than my last tour. This was out in the Georgia mountains, almost two weeks ago.

Incidentally, I almost ended up with a '94 ZZR600, but when I went into the showroom there was a couple who were about to pick it up. So I settled on an '01 Katana 750 and put down a deposit, but when I went to buy it a couple of weeks later the dealer had brought in the F3 - which is the bike I wanted in the first place :phatyo

Attachments

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MichiganMan said:
How's that ZZR as a tourer? Not sure exactly what that bike is supposed to be. Seems like it would make a good distance bike...
The ZZR is a pretty unique niche-bike, akin to the no-longer-available Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird.

It's basically a frickin' huge sportbike. Goes like a raped ape, make a great tourer (weight and wheelbase can be a good thing), and still corners well enough to be fun in the twisties.

My wife and I just got back from a week-long trip to PA and back. This bike is definitely a terrific distance bike. 320 miles in a day was nothing... I wanted to keep going...

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's because 320 miles in a day IS nothing... just ask Vivid. :)

Sounds like a nice relaxing trip, though... it's much better to finish the day wanting to do more than to finish the day wishing you'd stopped a few hours back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guess there is a ZZR1300 coming out? ZZR1200 is my dream touring bike. I saw a new one at the dealer. :headbang

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iguanasouth said:
I guess there is a ZZR1300 coming out? ZZR1200 is my dream touring bike. I saw a new one at the dealer. :headbang
There's been all kinds of rumors floating around about the next ZZR... if they're to be believed, it'll be a 190hp busa-killer. Nothing official from Kawasaki yet though, that I'm aware of.

I'm indifferent about the next ZZR though; I just hope they don't change the basic design parameters. I like it because it's big, heavy, roomy, comfortable, unique, and faster than hell. It doesn't need ANYTHING... ABS might be nice as an option, but I personally couldn't care less about FI - the carbs work just fine, thankyouverymuch. And the bike sure doesn't need more power, IMO.

·
Living a dream....
155 Posts
F&D said:
Well, since this forum needs some more activity and I already posted a thread on my wife's touring-equipped YZF600R, I figured I'd followup with one on my ZZR1200:

Here's what she's got:

Kawasaki/Givi hard side cases
Tourmaster Sport tailbag
Marsee Mighty Mini tank bag
Genmar risers
Grip Puppies
hard-wired Garmin GPS 276c
Lockhart-Philips tank bra
Metzeler Z6 tires

So... anybody else with touring-equipped sport bikes? Post 'em up!
How about this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts