Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife asked me about getting a tour bike so she and the kids could ride with me about a month ago. My wife and I spent a few weekend test riding the BMW K1600GTL, the Goldwing w/abs, and the H-D Ultra.

I like the BMW, I could see myself getting a bunch of speeding tickets on that machine, very fast, powerful and responsive engine. After the first 1/2 mile the wife gave the thumbs down, did not like the passenger comfort. We finished a 50 miles ride though, I like the bike.

Next, we looked at the Goldwing. Dealer had a 2010 used bike for our test ride. Wife liked the passenger comfort. I liked how the bike had power and the handling was great, but the riding position for me was not all that comfortable.

Last, we tested an H-D Ultra limited. We both liked the comfort afforded each of us. Not as much power as the other two bike, but still had more the enough power to do what I wanted with the bike. Surprisingly it handles well for it's size.

We bought the H-D limited, I know what you guys on a sportbike forum wanted to hear. But from my short time own this bike, it's reputation as a bad handling bike has to do with rider, not the bike. I took a few hours and played in a parking lot with bike and it really surprised me.

I'm now up to 3 bikes, starting to take up a bunch of room in garage.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Congratz on the new bike!

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Should have went with the Victory Cross Country Tour. Awesome bikes without all the pompousness that comes with the Harley. :dblthumb

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Understandable. I was a heartbeat away from trading the Busa in on one. Maybe next year.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I love me some yellow motorcycles. Congrats!

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Probably wouldn't be my first choice... But as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. Hopefully you and your wife get to put a lot of miles on your new tourer. Congrats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts