Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is a first for me in my driving career - totaled my cage yesterday on the freeway. '11 GTI, bought brand new in '10 (my first "new" car). Was doing 70-75mph, and got hit hard by a lane-changer. Apparently knocked me into the right shoulder, and then bounced across all the way to the left and impacted the left barrier wall at speed. Don't know, because that second impact knocked me out with no recollection of the entire event.. here's the damage.

Look at that! Axle, radiator subframe, front end, all left panels, all 4 wheels, transmission, oil pan, pipes, all damaged severely. All the airbags went off too. Ca-ra-zy.

Kudos to VW for building a sturdy car - cause I walked away from that with a few bruises and sore chest from the steering wheel. Modern cars are crazy safe.

Anyways, just wanted to share that. HAPPY SUNDAY

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Wow glad you're OK, that car looks like a mess! Glad to see how safe it is since I have basically the same exact car, just the wagon version.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: MegaManX

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Ahhhhh, that shit'll buff right out.

Glad you're OK, insurance can take care of the cage.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Damn that's a hard hit, glad you're ok!

What happened to the guy that hit you, and did he stop?

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
wow. . .you literally ripped the wheel hub off the transaxle. . . I mean I've seen busted control arms, but that takes er to a new level.

Glad you're OK! modern cars might get totalled off by little to no damage, but that's for a good reason.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CHP indicated that the other driver did stop a little ways down, but I didn't get to talk to the other driver at all. My insurance is taking care of dealing with the other guy's insurance - should have fault figured out early this week, with any hope!

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Glad you're alright! Here's hoping the other driver isn't a douche about the whole thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts