Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
You will be missed Shawn
Joined
·
6,508 Posts
i think technically a jet has thrust, but you know what ever will push your face into the seat behind you, i think works too.


gonz, that is a rockin photo.
 

·
Man in the boat
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silent_R1 said:
i think technically a jet has thrust, but you know what ever will push your face into the seat behind you, i think works too.


gonz, that is a rockin photo.
Well thanks! I work for Uncle Sam...They dont have things like that at the airport...I had it calculated once...I cant remember how much torque those things have though...I do remember I compared it to a rediculous amount of Ferraris though...
 

·
You will be missed Shawn
Joined
·
6,508 Posts
awww hell, gonz, you know what i meant (i hope). how rediculous was the number????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Good ole burner run on a F-16. You guys get all the fun while us A-10 crew chiefs get to listen to a puny 9,000 pound thrust engine. Our job is boring. But on the other hand we have a B***** GUN!!!
 

·
Man in the boat
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RF600Rider said:
Good ole burner run on a F-16. You guys get all the fun while us A-10 crew chiefs get to listen to a puny 9,000 pound thrust engine. Our job is boring. But on the other hand we have a B***** GUN!!!
I know a few A-10 weapons troops...Good guys...They are the only weapons troops that work as hard as us crew chiefs do!

The number was retarded...Just has 1 pound of thrust per pound of aircraft...

Like having a 2500 HP motor in a Viper...MMMM power!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Is that a Pratt and Whitney F100 engine in that F16? I ask because I design the turbines in them :bananafu:

BTW, gas turbines certainly do put out torque....a lot of torque...the turbine generates torque and transmits it through a shaft to the compressor....don't know off the top of my head what kind of torque an F16 engine puts out, but they put out ~30,000 lbs of thrust.
 

·
Man in the boat
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ray860 said:
Is that a Pratt and Whitney F100 engine in that F16? I ask because I design the turbines in them :bananafu:

BTW, gas turbines certainly do put out torque....a lot of torque...the turbine generates torque and transmits it through a shaft to the compressor....don't know off the top of my head what kind of torque an F16 engine puts out, but they put out ~30,000 lbs of thrust.


PW 229....Roughly 30,000 pounds indeed!

I pound of thrust per 1 pound of aircraft...When its fully loaded ( 3 wing tanks and full load of missles/rockets/bombs)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
I'd take an A-10 over an F-16 ANY day. They're so gorgeous...in a not gorgeous way. I don't know how to explain, its prolly due to my dad taking me out everyweekened to the Guard base and watching the A-10s do maneuvers. If I had good enough eyes that is 1 of the 2 planes I would consider flying. The A-10 or an AC-130. But alas my eyes suck balls, so its ground pounding for me, hooah. But on topic...awesome pick bud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Try working on a EA-6B prowler!! Talk about some wimpy power! 2 J52-P-408's, at a measly (close to) 10,400 lbs of thrust! Of course the mission is entirely Electronic Warfare as compared to the F-16, 15 or 18.
 

·
Suzuki 3000GT
Joined
·
2,107 Posts
Can't wait to fly one of those...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
531 Posts
Enygma said:
I be a fan of the F22 Raptor :)

Going... Up!!

Isnt it the only jet thats able to hover verticlly? at stall speed
 

·
Man in the boat
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have a few 22s here on base...Cool plane...If they could ever work the bugs outta those things they would be good jets...Until then, Ill take my lawn dart...
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top