Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno how the hell this happened, but i tore a muscle/tendon in between my ribs. I first got the pain on Thursday around 12:30pm. I just brushed it off as a random pain that will go away. Well, over the weekend it got worse and worse and worse. I was supposed to go camping in the White Mountains up in NH on Sat AM, but i didnt end up going because the pain was that bad. I didnt want to hike 8 miles in with my 70 lbs pack and then the pain gets worse. I'd be screwed.

I woke up this morning and i could barley breathe. The deeper i breathed in the more it hurt. I couldnt turn right, left, bend over, cough, burp, laugh, yawn and i could barley talk without this wicked bad pain! Off to the ER i went. I called out of work. Plus, all the online sites always make me more paranoid. Saying it could be lung cancer or pluricy. The Doc said the symptoms were signs of Pluricy but since he could poke inbetween my ribs and tr***** pain it couldnt be pluricy. He said pluricy would just hurt, poking wouldnt make it worse. I got an x-ray done, said my heart and lungs are fine (which is always good to hear) and that it was a tear. Said there is a muscle, tendon, and a nerve between each rib and one is torn. It's wicked painful, and any type of movement aggrivates it.

Takes about a week to heal so i'l be relaxing. Guess i better stay off the bike just incase. On the upside though, he prescribed some anti-inflammation medicine and vicoden. I popped a couple of those and im good to go now :cheers

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Fak Inky shot like that sux.... WTF is pluricy? I can reccomend one thing you should try to avoid... breaking or briusing andy ribs... :eek: I did that several years ago and was sure I'd get back to normal.... if I coughrd I would wish someone would shoot me... Laffin was the same thing... hurt so dam bad you just wanted to scream/die on the spot... The ribs took dam near 2 months to get good enuf so I could laff...

Hope ya get to feelin better quickly! Take Care, KH :)

btw, the non-official SBN pain meds doc (meh) strongly reccomends doublin up on the pills and beer until the screaming subsides.....

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
That's the worst. When you don't know what's wrong, all you have is pain. I was hit playing a pickup game of baseball two years ago, totally brushed it off. Two days later I have the similar issues; tough to yawn, cough, etc.

Brusied diaphragm.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea random pain is always the worst Mike. I think i might have done it at the gym a few days before. A bruised diaphram must be no fun either.

Pluricy is a lung infection. It's cured with antibiotics, but same symtoms. Painful to breathe, caugh, laugh, etc. But docs can usually hear it with their scopes when they put it up near your lungs. I'll take the torn up muscle over that though :D

Yea, i doubled up on the pills and the pain is barley there. I just don't want to mask it bad enough to where i think it's gone then tear it up more doing something when i forget i am injured. Can't wait to get back on my bike though, it's been a few days and im going nuts! Hopefully by the weekend i can go for a ride. Next time i head up to the Boston area Mike i'll let ya know so we can head out for a ride. :cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
I felt your pain, always sucks when you first get it and your like wtf did i do now. I had the same tear in between my ribs. Doc said I mostly likely got it from working out or grappling. All he told me to do was rest and take some motrin(the fix all for the military). Couldn't do shyt for about a week or so.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Pleurisy is an inflammation of the membraneous lining of the exterior of the lungs and interna surface of the rib cage. It can be caused by bacterial infection such as pneumonia, for example, in which case antibiotics are used for treatment. But most cases are not bacterial infections requiring antibiotics. Trauma, viral infections, and several other causes are possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts