Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on buying a '00 yamaha r6 for $3200 (still for sale) but recently I found an '06 GSXR 750 on craigslist for $5500 OBO.

The Gixxer has been layed down but I saw a pic and the damage doesn't look horrible. The R6 I looked at had also been layed down, but at a slow speed in a parking lot.

I'm still debating on which buy I would be happier with. I wouldn't mind having a newer bike and the midrange power of the 750 would be nice. Do you guys think its worth spending 2k more for the 750 even though it has some rash on the side?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
The '06 Suzuki is a much better bike than the '00 Yamaha. :)

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
make it a road trip: look up cool things to do there, take your girlfriend and make a date out of it (it'll only take an 30 minutes at most to look at the bike anyways)

*that's assuming your girlfriend isn't the high maintenence type*

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you guys see that I live in Nebraska? There is no such thing as a scenic road trip here :lao. Regardless, I will still make the trip.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Did you guys see that I live in Nebraska? There is no such thing as a scenic road trip here :lao. Regardless, I will still make the trip.
What's wrong with flat (now harvested?) corn/wheat fields? :)

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
make it a road trip: look up cool things to do there, take your girlfriend and make a date out of it (it'll only take an 30 minutes at most to look at the bike anyways)

*that's assuming your girlfriend isn't the high maintenence type*
Maybe he's gay.... jeesh. Lets be PC here.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm definitely going to suggest getting the GSXR. Two grand more for a bike six years newer (and it's a good deal more powerful to boot) is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
GSXR all the way. Aside from owning one and loving it that is a better value if the damage is not bad and the yamaha is over priced for that year which I dont' think was a great year for that model. The GSXR has not changed that much from 05

·
It wasn't me
3,508 Posts
I wouldn't go for either bikes typically, but the 750 is definitely the better bike and deal.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
For sure. I would like a bike that finally has FI. Only problem is the Gixxer is a 2.5 hour drive to see it :(
so drive that far, where is it, Grand Island? i drove 7 hours one direction to go to hastings last weekend, if the desire is there go for it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
GSXR all the way- Take the ride - put some money in your pocket, take a pickup truck, enjoy the ride and try to make a deal on the spot if its a good bike. The seller will know your serious and if your lucky, offer low and work your way up if you want to. You'll only have to make one trip and come home with a bike at a good deal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I will just go with the R6. Some guy already offered $5250 for the GSXR 750 so I wouldn't be getting a very good deal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I decided against the R6, and for a good reason. I picked up a K6 GSXR 600:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts