Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
I remember thinking along those lines before I saw them at Laguna this last summer. Basically I thought, "You know, with enough training and starting at an early age, I bet I could at least run with a few of these guys."

Then I saw them ride in person. Holy crap do these guys have the biggest balls I've ever seen! I could never do what they do. Absolutely amazing.....

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Give me $60k, and I could beat him.

Until he got on another bike. Any other bike. Or even a moped.
he would beat anyone riding Lance Armstrong's Bike.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
They are indeed.
Even beyond riding talent, the way they just keep going after massive crashes and injuries amazes me. I really thought Nicky wouldn't race after that highS at qatar. But no still there balls to the wall.
Or Doohan racing again after his massive crash that almost killed him.
Or those mad men/ big bollocked riders at the TT.
Racers have warped psyche.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
I can't quite decide which battle was more epic: Rossi vs Gibernau or Rossi vs Stoner @ Laguna Seca last year. :eek:

Oh well, I guess riders come and go but at the end Rossi PREVAILS :bowdown :twofinger

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
I remember thinking along those lines before I saw them at Laguna this last summer. Basically I thought, "You know, with enough training and starting at an early age, I bet I could at least run with a few of these guys."

Then I saw them ride in person. Holy crap do these guys have the biggest balls I've ever seen! I could never do what they do. Absolutely amazing.....
In any sport the level of difference between the top tier professionals and the amateurs is simply amazing. Natural talent only gets you so far, really, all those guys will work their asses off. Jordan as an example would practice free throws for hours a day, Imagine that, hours just shooting free throws. They also have access to the best training in the world and the best equipment, that makes a difference as well.
It really is a one in a million shot. Oh yea, and you need money to back you as well, you can be as good as they come, but if you cannot afford to make it to the competitions, forget it. plenty of incredible talent ends up working a normal job just to make ends meet.

·
CIAO SuperSic....
767 Posts
Whats up with suzuki??? They looked strong in preseason. And then in the race, satellite hondas were blowing by Vermulan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts