Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. - Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.

9. - Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.

8. - Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.

7. - Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.

6. - The expresso machine just finished.

5. - Was actually asleep when other rider waved.

4. - Was in a three-way conference call with stock broker and accessories dealer.

3. - Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.

2. - Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.

1. - Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on the dashboard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
ibjames said:
the funny thing is.. I get more waves from harley riders than gold wing riders ha ha
I agree....I rode to work today with a chick on a harley....she pulled up...did the head nod, and rode all the way with me til I turned.

Girl power! :cool:

Cj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
I agree....I rode to work today with a chick on a harley....she pulled up...did the head nod, and rode all the way with me til I turned.

Girl power! :cool:

Cj
No no no...she was racing you but couldn't get by ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
I agree....I rode to work today with a chick on a harley....she pulled up...did the head nod, and rode all the way with me til I turned.

Girl power! :cool:

Cj
Cj, remember that guy on the Harley that was riding behind us on North Ave as we were riding to your house last night? He pulled up next to me at the next stop light and we talked for a while...bikes, summerfest, where we like to ride on the weekends. He was actually a pretty cool guy...a little rough around the edges but cool nonetheless. The lights had changed a couple of times before we took off.

But back to the subject, I think I get more waves from Goldwings than I do from Harleys.

I still thinks it's funny that Brian (the guy with the '04 Honda Interceptor) was going crazy when he realized that he waved to an old guy on a scooter last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
Moses said:
Cj, remember that guy on the Harley that was riding behind us on North Ave as we were riding to your house last night? He pulled up next to me at the next stop light and we talked for a while...bikes, summerfest, where we like to ride on the weekends. He was actually a pretty cool guy...a little rough around the edges but cool nonetheless. The lights had changed a couple of times before we took off.

But back to the subject, I think I get more waves from Goldwings than I do from Harleys.

I still thinks it's funny that Brian (the guy with the '04 Honda Interceptor) was going crazy when he realized that he waved to an old guy on a scooter last night.
Yeah that guy was cool too - he rode with us all the way from brooke's to my house...

Brian was hilarious when he was pissed about the scooter wave. hehehe...he was all "shit - take that wave back dammit!" I liked his commentary on things he never heard a rider say:

1) "I don't want to ride out to Holy Hill.....I have to like, go home and wash my hair and stuff..."

2) "I am so lost....if you all left me out here I would just stand here and cry..."

I give you one guess to figure out who said that.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. - Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.

9. - Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.

8. - Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.

7. - Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.

6. - The expresso machine just finished.

5. - Was actually asleep when other rider waved.

4. - Was in a three-way conference call with stock broker and accessories dealer.

3. - Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.

2. - Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.

1. - Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on the dashboard.
that hurts!!!
i wave at everybody some wave some don't
when i'm on the rf900 almost all sportbikes wave
most goldwing riders wave
and almost none of the harley riders wave

on the wing almost all goldwing riders wave
most sportbikes wave
and amlost none of the harley rider wave

i figure most harley riders don't wave because there arms are
sore from polishing the crome and the bad vibes
 

·
Jerk
Joined
·
990 Posts
That's it i'm telling. Moses waved at a scooter tonight when he and I were on our way to Culvers. I called him on it and he said it's cool to do since the other Bryan did it first.

Tom.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
145 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
2) "I am so lost....if you all left me out here I would just stand here and cry..."

I give you one guess to figure out who said that.... :D
Well, if you weren't on the East side ... I'm guessing it was you. ;) hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pit900 said:
that hurts!!!
i wave at everybody some wave some don't
when i'm on the rf900 almost all sportbikes wave
most goldwing riders wave
and almost none of the harley riders wave

on the wing almost all goldwing riders wave
most sportbikes wave
and amlost none of the harley rider wave

i figure most harley riders don't wave because there arms are
sore from polishing the crome and the bad vibes
I wave to everyone too, but if they don't wave back my innocent two or three finger wave turns into a one finger f-you. Waving is just good etiquette. I mostly run into problems with Harley riders not waving back but it is kind of funny that after I posted this I passed two Wings last night that didn't wave back. Sportbike riders are the most apt to wave riders there is, most will even wave from the other side of the expressway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Jokertlr said:
I wave to everyone too, but if they don't wave back my innocent two or three finger wave turns into a one finger f-you. Waving is just good etiquette. I mostly run into problems with Harley riders not waving back but it is kind of funny that after I posted this I passed two Wings last night that didn't wave back. Sportbike riders are the most apt to wave riders there is, most will even wave from the other side of the expressway.
Me too, I'm the same way. I've found that SB riders tend to be the most friendly, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
Love the list. Evrytime I pass a Goldwinger now I'm deciding if it's number 10, 5, 1, or all of the above.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
mr_druid said:
That's it i'm telling. Moses waved at a scooter tonight when he and I were on our way to Culvers. I called him on it and he said it's cool to do since the other Bryan did it first.

Tom.
I'm just doing it so as to practice for when I get older...progression from sportbike to Goldwing to scooter. Either way, I still love the new Goldwings (the factory trikes are cool as well)...I'm hoping that if I keep pestering my dad about it, he will buy himself one and let me ride it every once and a while.

...but yeah, since Brian (REDVFR) did it first it's now officially cool to do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Moses said:
I'm just doing it so as to practice for when I get older...progression from sportbike to Goldwing to scooter.
No need to wait until your old, I started out on a scooter when I was like sixteen and I'm going to be doing some scooter riding this weekend :). My parents have a couple of them at their place in the dells and they are kind of fun to bomb around on. Plus, if you lock up the rear brake in traffic it makes a loud squealing sound like an accident is about to happen...really scares the shit out of people. Think I might take the bike up too though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
i wave all the time if i notice... just a subtle wave and if the dont wave back.. a gaudy/get their attention wave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
Jokertlr said:
No need to wait until your old, I started out on a scooter when I was like sixteen and I'm going to be doing some scooter riding this weekend :). My parents have a couple of them at their place in the dells and they are kind of fun to bomb around on. Plus, if you lock up the rear brake in traffic it makes a loud squealing sound like an accident is about to happen...really scares the shit out of people. Think I might take the bike up too though.
I would pay money to see your Shaq tall ass on a scooter....PLEASE take pics of that shit and make it your new avatar!!!!!!!!

Cj
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top