Sport Bikes banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've seen 105mph (on an empty stretch of highway with no cars around and only once to see how fast it could go for you speed nazis :D) but assuming a 10% error margin (which is the generally accepted error margin on motorbike speedometers) its probably more like 95mph which is not bad for a 250

·
As Seen on TV
63 Posts
Yeah, it'll get your license revoked without a problem. How much faster does a person need a street bike to be? In fact, when I swap the chain and sprockets, I'm bumping the rear sprocket up a couple of teeth. As I don't currently hit the redline at top speed, I wouldn't really give up much, if anything, while picking up a little more drive at the bottom end.

:beer
Please... there is a time and place for nearly everything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol. it is not 110 or 105. not even a 100. if you touch 90mph, that's way more than what the bike can do. i've riden 250. although it is fast on local streets and very frisky, when you get on freeway with it, it's not. but you'll do 60 just fine with absolute no problem. if you want power you need 650. i've gone top speed on mine, 650 way over than what the dealer guy told it would do. but and then, am pretty light guy maybe that helped. i knew i wanted more power on freeways that's why i got 650. and i think youtube dude from europe had something done to it to go that fast and it's a bit hilly. ive seen it.
Not sure what 250 you were riding but I've had mine up to 103mph following a friend of mine who was on my ZX11, which is track calibrated....don't know what to tell you but I'm 5'11" @ 200lbs...haven't done anything to the bike except kiss the tank = )

Hunter....any words from your experience???

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just have this question cuz if u type on google "hyosung gt250r top speed" says only 87mph but ive seen people top it at 105+ so someone just answer this plz ty.
I have a 2007 gt250r, and today saw 102 twice, with a full tank of fuel, and I weigh about 185lbs. Its well into the red on the tach at 102, to the point I think it may not have a rev limiter at all. If it does its up around 12k or better. 100 mph has the engine working pretty hard, it gives the feeling like its not happy to be spun up that tight for a long time. It will however squeak another couple mph out and didn't blow up. 102 mph passed the test, didn't overheat, or loose any parts. Would not recommend cruising at that rpm, but it will get there, touch and let go to slow down to a less stressful range, and the vtwin smiles at you again.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts