Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just have this question cuz if u type on google "hyosung gt250r top speed" says only 87mph but ive seen people top it at 105+ so someone just answer this plz ty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
people say on youtube top speed is 173km around 105-110mph... that true?

·
Registered
20 Posts
that's what I have been reading too, but with the speedo being inaccurate at higher speeds, I guess it would be a little less.

BTW, can you post some big pics of your bike? I am in the process of buying one right now and I want to see what it looks like since my dealer does not have a black one in stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm mine is a 08 all black with black frame i dont have a pic here with me, im at work but ill post something similar. the thing is i cant get the rpms too high since its a new bike i gotta do the first oil change at 600 miles so the highest i been so far is around 70-75

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is my bike exactly but exept the red r :\ tell me it doesnt look like a gsx-r

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Always....
4,597 Posts
Hey,

I just tripped over this thread. That bike looks AWESOME! I hear good things about the HYOSUNG bikes. I think they build the SV-650 for Suzuki . (maybe that is a rumor, dunno)

Anyway, it DOES look like a Gixxer. :boink

·
Wrld's Lngest Mddle Fingr
407 Posts
The blacks is really nice. I had a chance to sit on the newer Hyo250's and they are much better than last year. I like the more aggressive seating position and in general, I think the bike looks hot. I even like its cyclops headlights more than the Gixxer's.:headbang

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
The blacks is really nice. I had a chance to sit on the newer Hyo250's and they are much better than last year. I like the more aggressive seating position and in general, I think the bike looks hot. I even like its cyclops headlights more than the Gixxer's.:headbang
If you noticed a difference, it was because the bike was set up differently. Perhaps the rear-sets and/or clip-ons were in a different position. The bike hasn't been redesigned, they've just changed over to painting the chassis and wheels black, instead of silver.

Cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
people say on youtube top speed is 173km around 105-110mph... that true?
lol. it is not 110 or 105. not even a 100. if you touch 90mph, that's way more than what the bike can do. i've riden 250. although it is fast on local streets and very frisky, when you get on freeway with it, it's not. but you'll do 60 just fine with absolute no problem. if you want power you need 650. i've gone top speed on mine, 650 way over than what the dealer guy told it would do. but and then, am pretty light guy maybe that helped. i knew i wanted more power on freeways that's why i got 650. and i think youtube dude from europe had something done to it to go that fast and it's a bit hilly. ive seen it.

·
Wrld's Lngest Mddle Fingr
407 Posts
If you noticed a difference, it was because the bike was set up differently. Perhaps the rear-sets and/or clip-ons were in a different position. The bike hasn't been redesigned, they've just changed over to painting the chassis and wheels black, instead of silver.

Cheers
I think it was the clip-ons position that was changed on the bike that I sat on last week. Cuz the bike I sat on last year was very upright, like Ninja 650R. Or maybe I shrunk???? :boink

·
As Seen on TV
63 Posts
I haven't been on the freeway with it yet, all mountain roads up here but I got the darn thing up to 104 an a slight down hill sloped straight. :)

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
I haven't been on the freeway with it yet, all mountain roads up here but I got the darn thing up to 104 an a slight down hill sloped straight. :)
Yeah, it'll get your license revoked without a problem. How much faster does a person need a street bike to be? In fact, when I swap the chain and sprockets, I'm bumping the rear sprocket up a couple of teeth. As I don't currently hit the redline at top speed, I wouldn't really give up much, if anything, while picking up a little more drive at the bottom end.

:beer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts