Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first oil change on the new bike. 01 Gixxer 600. I used Motul 10-40 and Suzuki filter. I filled it back up, ran it for a minute. I waited a few minutes and topped it off. I went for a quick ride 15 miles or so. When I came out the next day the level was too high. I drained a bit out and went out for about a 130 miles. I checked it tonight and it's too high again. WTF?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Your oil will be higer if it is hot always check it when the moter is cool and has sat for atleast 20 min. If its still going back up after you drain it and its not from being over filled then there is a chance gas is getting in the oil. There are 2 ways to check this one is to smell it. The outher is to tase it you will taste any gas that is mixed with the oil. Don't laugh this really works.

·
Registered
452 Posts
dennisred69 said:
The outher is to tase it you will taste any gas that is mixed with the oil. Don't laugh this really works.
How do you know what oil or gas tastes like normally? :confused:

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
sjlee said:
How do you know what oil or gas tastes like normally? :confused:
I was a mechanic for years so you learn little tricks. If you ever siphoned gas you know what it taste like. Oil just get a little on your finger and taste it. Then youll know the diffrence.

·
Gordon
124 Posts
tasting gas and oil?

Holy cancer tongue batman!!!
:lol

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
ya, it is much better to smell it, my guess is that you just checked it when it was hot. it takes a while for oil to cool down, esp after a good ride. not that i am trying to insult you, but did you make sure to check the manual for the correct oil amount? sometimes we overlook the simple things.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Im not quite sure how gas in that amount would be getting into the oilling system, but you should make sure there's no coolant in the oil. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts