Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, i suppose its a good time to post for advice. After yet another night filled with copious amounts of google searching, drooling over bikes I cannot afford, and well, being completely drained by my indecisiveness and the resulting lack of sleep thereof, I have still yet to figure out which bike I want. So, I suppose Ill ask here.

My price range is 3k at the very most; the cheaper the better. This puts alot of modern stuff just out of reach. I am for some reason partial to the inline four bikes; yes, I love the sound. Dont judge me. Lol. But I am afraid I will miss the torque and mid range that I have come to ride well with on my thumper. Therefore I am afraid I may regret buying a high rev I4 (which I would really like to experience. Ive been on and around vtwins in the past. Never been on a twin or triple). I would just go test ride a few, but people in the area are very cautious with their bikes (I dont blame them). I dont want to just go joyride craigslist ads. And well, test sitting only does so much for you.

Here today, I found what seems to be a good deal on a 06' ninja500. just under 8k miles. Could get it for around 1800. Gonna offer 1400 and see what happens. As far as reliability goes, it seems like a good choice, but I am afraid I will get bored with it before too long. But if they will take 14 or 15 hundies, itd almost be too good to pass up. Keep it for a commuter or econo bike. Really want something I will hold onto for a while though, without getting bored. Im sure the 500 would be fun on twisties due to being light though. And with a 0-60 at around 3.8 or so (as far as ive been told) it shouldnt be a snooze, and will definitely be a little more peppy and comfy than my drz was. I imagine it is very manageable on road and easy to toss around.

Anyhow, any suggestions?

-Grimm

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
The 500 is fine and will 'hold you over' until you get your inline 4, or whatever you decide you want when the time comes. Trust me, there's something about being able to wring your bike's neck that makes you feel like a good rider...even if you aren't. 600s can be rung a bit, and kinda need to be, but 110hp gets you into 'uh oh' territory much quicker than 50hp does.

Furthermore, if you don't keep the 500 you're going to be getting most, if not all, of your money back on it. (That's what happened for me, anyway.) A shame you can't squeeze in on a Ninja 650. The SV650 is a great bike, but if you're sold on the RR I4 engine and power delivery then it might dissappoint. The two don't sound the same or deliver the same, at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts