Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone just offered to sell me a 2004 R1 with only 1200 miles on it for $3500. Clean title, NOT STOLEN. Due to unfortunate circumstances, they have to get rid of the bike. Now I already have a 02 GSXR 750 and I really don't need a Liter bike, but isn't this a deal thats too good to pass up? What would the resale on the R1 be? Think I should just get it and turn around and sell it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
unless u are personally looking at the bike and can verify all is on the up and up. i am guessing it's a scam.
if it is a bud that's one thing but ALL kinds of deals like your talking about on cycle trader and e-bay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a friend of mine. I've personally seen the bike. My wallet says "Do it" but I don't know....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wondering If I should resell it or if I should just hold on to it? I really don't need a liter bike, I'm really happy with my 750. Any suggestions or possibly how much I could get for it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
If it's clean you should have no problem getting twice what you're paying for it.If not more.

·
Registered
623 Posts
GixxerAero said:
Someone just offered to sell me a 2004 R1 with only 1200 miles on it for $3500. Clean title, NOT STOLEN. Due to unfortunate circumstances, they have to get rid of the bike. Now I already have a 02 GSXR 750 and I really don't need a Liter bike, but isn't this a deal thats too good to pass up? What would the resale on the R1 be? Think I should just get it and turn around and sell it?
Of course what are you waiting for? He is selling you a 9,000-10,000 dollar bike for $3500. Buy it than sell it on ebay for an easy 5-6k profit. Usually those who believe if its too good to be true aren’t risk takers, they are right wing conservatives who eat beef.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was wrong in my first post, it's a 2002. Still go for it? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get it.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Get it man.. dont wait..
In high school, I saw a Ducati 916 in the paper for $3000.. I figured it was a scam, and I didnt think anything else about it... My older buddy went to look at it, and bought it.. Clean title and everything.. The lady was selling it because her husband took off with his mistress, and sent her a letter telling her to send it to him. She was selling it for so little just to piss him off.

GREAT DEALS ARE OUT THERE!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, I'm gonna get it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
even the 02 is worth a few grand more than that...
if you have the bankroll to buy it and turn it around thats easy money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
call me crazy, but if this guy is a good friend of yours he might get pissed if you buy & resell the bike for a profit. Is he giving you a good deal because he's your buddy?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stevejobs said:
call me crazy, but if this guy is a good friend of yours he might get pissed if you buy & resell the bike for a profit. Is he giving you a good deal because he's your buddy?
No, he just really needs the money and knows I have it. But I did wonder about that. Anyone wanna buy an R1??? Hahaha. 6k out the door :banana

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
shit if you dont buy it ill buy it, and do us a favor and post pix

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Buy it then sell me the 750!!....LOL. Post some pix.....I might take it off your hands or know someone that will

·
Registered
100 Posts
I remember an article on fark a few months back where a husband was cheating on his wife. So to get back at him she sold his Lotus on eBay with a buy it now of $1.

Needless to say, the auction wasn't there too long before someone snatched up the deal. :lao

I say go for it if there are no signs of being fishy, and you know where your buddy lives if the deal turns sour :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
IMPORTANT!!! No DO NOT buy that bike. DONT DO IT!! I know it seems like a good deal but Don't!! :cool:

Instead, give me the guy's name and number. H2O needs an R1 :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts