Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90+ here with heat index above 100, asphalt showing about 135 ... I love to ride, but it is too hot for me today ... lots of speed channel this afternoon ... anybody get a chance to ride this weekend?

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
Ha, you think its hot there! 94 today plus sub tropical humidity! I usually wait till around 7:30 when its somewhat tolerable. That gives me about an hour and a half to ride.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mid 90's for the last two days. I rode about 300 miles between Friday and Saturday. I decided to rest today but I will be riding to work everyday this week.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Let's see... it's a constant 70 degrees here... and it's not raining, perfect for riding. Then again I don't think my boss would like it very much if I brought my bike into our building...I hate working weekends....

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Here too. I just got back from visiting my sister in NC and I took my bike. It was so f'ing hot that we didn't want to ride. 97 yesterday and 90+ today. WTF, at least I got to show it off.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
nogoshowboat said:
90+ here with heat index above 100, asphalt showing about 135 ... I love to ride, but it is too hot for me today ... lots of speed channel this afternoon ... anybody get a chance to ride this weekend?
From looking at your avatar, I'd say hot is an understatement. Nice job Jim! Where did you post the pics from the rally?

·
Registered
135 Posts
mountains of Idaho.....50f every morning in the summer upto low 70's in the mid day. come october the bike goes up till april-may depening if we get our 100" of snow or not.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vedran said:
Come here in Croatia here is 14 C and it is raining, but we made 150 km today on the rain :)
Where in Croatia are you? I have visited Dubrovnik, many times, flew into Split. I loved it there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stayed well above 90F here. I actually put on an extra pair of jeans and a wind-breaker over my leather to absorb the heat. If anyone tries this, stay hydrated. I'm from the tropics, so the high heat and humidity don't bother me at all. I can see others passing out, though.

It rained this evening. That was a new experience. Not nearly as bad as I thought. Dressing in an extra pair of jeans and wind-breaker works well for me=)

·
Registered
19 Posts
g8torblue said:
Where in Croatia are you? I have visited Dubrovnik, many times, flew into Split. I loved it there.
I am from Zagreb, the main city of Croatia.
How do you like Dubrovnik, will You come again?

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
nogoshowboat said:

You sally.. i was out all day yesterday.. put on 170+ miles :) hit kankakee camp ground and then headed home.. yes it was hot.. but as long as you kept moving it was fine

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I Resemble that Remark

Fred said:
You sally.. i was out all day yesterday..
No doubt ... as a kid on the farm I would throw hay all day in 1000 degree (4 digits) heat ... 20 years of sitting at a desk and I am a real marshmallow ... I could not sit all day, climbed on the FZ around 6:00 and managed to hit some curves and work on the skills for about an hour.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FAZR6 said:
From looking at your avatar, I'd say hot is an understatement. Nice job Jim! Where did you post the pics from the rally?
Just having farm fun in the good ol' Midwest. ...The pics are on a website so we can keep adding ... look to www.digitalroadrally.net ... There was a request to run one for a longer time to let more play so we have one running to the end of the month ... targets are posted on the website under events ... it really is a hoot to get the bike out and plop it down in front of some place full of people and start taking pictures ... turns lots of heads ... especially if you can get that special some to strip to the bikini :leghump I would love it if everyone from the FZ6 thread posted at least one picture ...

BTW what part of NC, I graduated from UNCA a long time ago ... I would love to get the bike on the BRP and up to Boone/Banner Elk

·
Registered
103 Posts
FAZR6 said:
I was reading through the posts I missed from this weekend and noticed that lovely avatar also. Perfect time to comment since we are talking about the heat.
I am with you guys on having to wait until the later part of the day/evening to ride. It was so humid here one evening this weekend that my visor would collect condinsation. When I ride to work and stuff I where shorts, jacket, gloves, and of course the helment. When I go for a 'ride' I where the jeans and boots. Its so hard to get disiplined to suit up for a ride when its sooooo hot...
:devil

1 - 20 of 35 Posts