Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this custom made on ebay. Didn't think it would be so big, looks like one of those European bikes in the back with those hugh plates.
If it don't keep it on the bike, no big deal it was only 12 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Its a personal preference thing. I don't care for them, hence why I don't have one on my bike.

I don't think that looks horrible. I think thats about the size as any other plate cover.

·
Registered
43 Posts
its big in my opinion. I would turn it sideways with the plate so its up and down i think would look better in line with the tire and the fender

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I've sat on one, and it sure doesn't FEEL like 430 lbs.

Oh, you're tank protector is too high. :p

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice bike, congrats on picking her up! Looks great. Except for that back end, yeesh! That is a LOT of plastic going on there. I'm sure some company is making a fender eliminator kit for the 500R, or will soon.

I hacked the plastic appendage off of my 250R with a hacksaw. 2 minutes and it looks a lot better now!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm at 660 miles and already time for a 309 dollar valve check just by itself. I might have to wait till next riding season for that.
This bike is slower than the Ninja 650 and FZ6R I will admit, its a sports touring bike to me. In no way can it hustle a corner like its CBR250 little brother. The suspension is soft, torque is very good and is a very quiet in the exhaust. That's makes it a great bike for riding a long distance without wearing you out.

Come to think of it I seem to be the 1st 500r rider here. I don't miss the 06 GSXR600 much, had it only 8 days. That bike was either enjoyable as a missile or not much at all. Just too hardcore of a bike for me.

For $5,999 its a pretty good value, heard the markup from invoice to msrp is like 250 bucks so didn't hammer the dealer much, paid 6350 plus tax and license minus my 1 grand positive equity from the GSXR trade.

·
5,455 Posts
I'm at 660 miles and already time for a 309 dollar valve check just by itself. I might have to wait till next riding season for that.
This bike is slower than the Ninja 650 and FZ6R I will admit, its a sports touring bike to me. In no way can it hustle a corner like its CBR250 little brother. The suspension is soft, torque is very good and is a very quiet in the exhaust. That's makes it a great bike for riding a long distance without wearing you out.

Come to think of it I seem to be the 1st 500r rider here. I don't miss the 06 GSXR600 much, had it only 8 days. That bike was either enjoyable as a missile or not much at all. Just too hardcore of a bike for me.

For $5,999 its a pretty good value, heard the markup from invoice to msrp is like 250 bucks so didn't hammer the dealer much, paid 6350 plus tax and license minus my 1 grand positive equity from the GSXR trade.
that first service (at least in my experience) is a joke.
they probably won't even check the valves. it'll be a $309 oil change.

when i bought my 2008 GSXR 600 i took it to the dealership for the first service. when i asked if they checked the valves, i was told "why would the valves need checked on a brand new bike?"

these were the assholes at Bohn Cycle here in pittsburgh. don't give them your money if you're in the area.

bike looks good! :cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts