Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got a 91 honda 400 cm a while back and after receiving the wrong parts 3 times, we finally got the right ones today so tomorrow will be my first day on a streetbike ( just around our property) our driveway is long but its stone so i am sure i will lay it down once or twice any tips

again i know how to operpate/balance i have little experience on dirtbikes, i know that don't mean shit but it wont be my first time on a bike

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just take it easy and take your time and were all of your gear. Anything can happen even in a small area. Have you taken a MSF course yet? it might be something worth looking into.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Glock19 said:
i take the msf in 6 days, i got this bike manily to get ready for that
The opposite is true - the MSF will teach you good stuff to work on on your streetbike. Much of what you self-learn will probably be untaught at the MSF courses, such as how to properly stop, start in gear, and swerving around obstacles. It's probably best to use most of your time to get your new riding buddy into tip-top shape. Do those lubes, chain maintenances, and carb cleaning before taking 'er out onto the street. Once you have the MSF done, you're primed to really learn what to do with the CM400...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks for the info i rode most of the mornign and did great it took me a bit to get use to keeping my feet on the pegs ( use to dirtbikes) but didnt drop it or lay it down im confident for the MSF now ( i know only a couple hrs on a streetbike but i think im ready to learn more now)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i re read that and it does sound bad i ment how you put your foot down in a corner on a dirtbike haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts