Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you pull over a biker because his/her pipe sounds different? for example, D&D? i really dont consider them loud but every time i hear one i gotta have it! :twofinger

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Haha, D&D pipes are way too damn loud. Those things should be illegal period, all they are is noisemakers, no performance difference over any of the other aftermarket pipes out there. No, I'm not a cop :flipa

·
Registered
569 Posts
Because D&D's are loud, and if you look at the sticker on your bike you'll see that modifications to the stock exhaust system that cause the noise to exceed a certain decibal level at a certain RPM are illegal.

If you install a loud as shit exhaust you should suck it up and deal with the attention you get.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im listening to sport riders sound clips on their test and 2bros might be the way to go. and firefighter, out of nowhere id have to say your a firefighter? i might just be wrong...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
D&D pipes blow. The performance gains are minimal. They are raspy as all hell. Fit and finish is usually sub-par. The only thing they have going for them is they are cheap; albeit there is a reason for it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what im tryin to say is that the ricers are just every bit as loud as a D&D and i rarely see them get pulled over for that. mostly for the neon! :twofinger

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
im listening to sport riders sound clips on their test and 2bros might be the way to go. and firefighter, out of nowhere id have to say your a firefighter? i might just be wrong...
Haha, actually this is my old screen name, I was a paid firefighter outside of Seattle for about 3 years, decided I wanted to join the service, so now I'm in the Air Force, not a firefighter any more though. Guess I should change the screen name, but, it's no big deal to me.

Yeah, those fart mufflers on ricer cars piss me off to no end, I don't know how ANYONE can think those sound good.

·
Registered
200 Posts
D&D are the ricers exhaust for motorcycles. People who have blang bikes with chrome wheels and frame and swingarm and neon everywharrr and spinnaz have da D&D pipez caz dey is LOWWWWD mang.

Seriously, RS-3's sound very clean and deep and are not ridiculously loud, everyone and their mom has them but it's for a reason too.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I remember back in the day when if you didn't have a MUZZY or D&D pipe on your bike you just weren't cool. Now they are the avoided like the plague by most people, kind of like the mullet! :lol

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meh2u said:
D&D are the ricers exhaust for motorcycles. People who have blang bikes with chrome wheels and frame and swingarm and neon everywharrr and spinnaz have da D&D pipez caz dey is LOWWWWD mang.

Seriously, RS-3's sound very clean and deep and are not ridiculously loud, everyone and their mom has them but it's for a reason too.
TRS :twofinger

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does Jardine make a bolt-on for a gixxer? i went to their site and dont remember seein one. notice that i could care less about gains b/c i just ride and dont do any tracks yet...notice i said yet...but jardine is what i wouldnt mind havin if they make on for a gixxer!

·
Registered
394 Posts
My Fizzer 1000 came with a D&D can and I kinda like it. Sure it's loud at higher rpm's but so what? If I was riding through residential neighborhoods at 6,000 rpm's I would expect the cops to pull me over... just no reason to do it. I like the D&D can because I want to be heard on the freeway. I'm not convinced that it's any louder than the other aftermarket cans. I had a Vance and Hines can on one of my other bikes and that fooker was just plain obnoxious.

As a side note... I hate those fookin rice cars with the loud mufflers. My wife and I have some ASIANS living next to us and EVERY damn car they own has that loud pipe on it. What gives? At all hours of the day they buzz through our neighborhood pissing people off. I find it interesting that they only drive Toyotas and Hondas though.

What ever happened to noise ordinances????

·
Banned
912 Posts
D and D stand for Dumb and Dumber because you got to be a Dumb ass to put that POS on your bike. Also ppl wonder why they get pulled over so much. It's because that POS pipe tells on you a mile out! My Mircon fucken rocks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
marsolais said:
D and D stand for Dumb and Dumber because you got to be a Dumb ass to put that POS on your bike. Also ppl wonder why they get pulled over so much. It's because that POS pipe tells on you a mile out! My Mircon fucken rocks!

Interestingly enough in the latest Sport Rider issue... the Micron is 3rd loudest. 1st being a company called "wolf" coming in at 110 dba, D&D at 105, Micron at 104, then Two Bros at 101... the rest seem to be 99 or under. The Micron made the most power, though at 109 vs stock 106.4 on a R6, this is a slip on test, not full exhaust. The D&D made 108.3 which was avg, perhaps slightly above avg.

I personally don't care for D&D, though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
marsolais said:
whoever disagrees with your exhaust philosophy is a dumbass and your 1db quieter exhaust fucken rocks!

·
Registered
681 Posts
You should really stick w/ the stock pipe....you've gotten in enough trouble w/ the law already, why ADD to your problems? Also, learning to ride out weighs any stupid bolt-on part you could buy.....stick with that.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
My bike came with a D&D already installed and i don't have the funs to swap.....no big deal

·
Registered
64 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
do you pull over a biker because his/her pipe sounds different? for example, D&D? i really dont consider them loud but every time i hear one i gotta have it! :twofinger
Personally, I don't mess with bikers. One of the most important things about being a police officer, I believe, is avoiding hipocrisy. I don't write for the same shit that I do myself. Now, those officers who do not ride will most certainly have a different attitude towards you.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I took off my V&H SS2 slip-on and put the stock can on when it arrived. It was intended for the track bike but it will get the slip-on instead where noise is a non-issue. The stock can is quieter and will annoy folks around me a lot less. I'm not big into noise on bikes. I prefer a quiet purr.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
taziscool said:
You should really stick w/ the stock pipe....you've gotten in enough trouble w/ the law already, why ADD to your problems? Also, learning to ride out weighs any stupid bolt-on part you could buy.....stick with that.

only prob with the D&D is if you run, all they have to do is turn their sirens off and they know where you are! right now i could really care less about a pipe b/c thursday we should be done with it! got the paint today! i love the sparkly metal flake!!! :twofinger but eventually i will have a pipe on it! :leghump

1 - 20 of 47 Posts