Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ghost GTO
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a story that im not sure you guys have heard about...

pretty amazing...

Fire the fucking asshole!

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=3107048

Lisbon-WTNH, Mar. 21, 2005 6:00 PM) _ A state trooper is in trouble tonight for his response to an urgent call for help. The trooper was answering 911 calls from friends of a man who had just crashed his motorcycle.

by News Channel 8's Sara Welch
State police say effective today, Trooper Robert Peasley is suspended for 15 days without pay.

The disciplinary actions follows months of an internal investigation into 911 calls from the scene of a motorcycle crash.

"This is where all the panic and mayhem began."

Along this road in Lisbon is where Jim Sawyer's son Justin lay dying.

"And there was a pool of blood coming from his head."

On August 17th, 2004, the 21-year-old crashed his motorcycle. His friends did what anyone would do in an emergency.

"I called 911 right away."

The call rang into the state police barracks in Montville.

Instead of comfort, Russell Shepard was shocked by the trooper's response on the other end of the line.

"State police 911.
Yeah I want to report a street bike accident on Incinerator Road in Taftville. Someone crashed on their street bike.
"Yeah... too bad."

Too bad says the state police dispatcher who then hangs up.

"I was shocked, thought I had the wrong number at first," says Russell Shepard.

"So I picked up the phone and called 911," says Liz Niegel.

Liz Niegel made the second frantic call.

"State police 911.
"Hi, I need to report a street bike accident what?
"Hello?"
"I need to report a street bike accident.
"Was that the one on Incinerator Road?
"Yeah. Help will get there. Shouldn't be playing games."

"Shouldn't be playing games," says the trooper, who then hangs up.

"Just the fact that my friend was there laying there helpless and it seemed like they didn't even care," says Niegel.

"I am absolutely outraged every time I hear that 'too bad' and then click," says Jim Sawyer, Victim's Father.

Jim Sawyer asks how someone who is supposed to care could act like he cared less.

"Anybody who could sit there on a switch board answering 911 calls knowing full well everything he says his being monitored and turn around and make the rude commentary that he did," says Sawyer. "No one deserves to be spoken to that way."

It wasn't until the third emergency call that a female dispatcher assessed the situation.

"How bad are the injuries?"
"He's not moving, he's bleeding from his ear.
"Is he breathing?.
"Yes, he is breathing."
"Tell people not to touch him. I will send an ambulance out there ok?"

Sawyer expected that response from the first call.

"I only know I would have felt a whole lot more comfortable if I had heard people on the other end of the line of that 911 call with some heart and caring," says Sawyer.

"He was rude and it was just an outrageous way to answer an emergency phone call."

A week after those calls, Justin Sawyer died from a severe head injury.

"I can't even begin to comment on that, he was my life," says Sawyer.

For his father, the troopers response that August evening will haunt him forever.

"It will play over and over and over in my mind for the rest of my life," says Sawyer. "What I want to see is this officer removed from his position, he's not fit to wear the uniform, that's what I think."

Jim Sawyer wants to make sure no one in an emergency situation calls 911 and gets this kind of response.

Tonight state police tell us that Trooper Robert Peasley's comments were unprofessional and inappropriate.

The agency apologizes if the actions added to the family's pain.

It also found that the behavior did not impact response time.

Trooper Peasley has 18 years with the state police and the department says he has been a stellar trooper with a long and unblemished career.

Meanwhile, the state police union tells us Trooper Peasley is remorseful for his comments but the union says the discipline is inappropriate and harsh.

The family of Justin Sawyer says a 15 day suspension isn't tough enough.

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119105

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/rmpeas/petition.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/Peasley/petition.html

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
R.I.P. to the fallen rider. This officer will get what is deserved, wether via the department, or though other means... What goes around, comes around.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
:twofinger

Just messing with you, but yeah, there was a LONG thread about this before.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I still think he threw his job away when he answered that call. He should be stripped of his certificate and not be allowed to work as LEO again

·
Ghost GTO
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didnt know it was a repost and besides I am sure that there are some that hasnt seen it yet.

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
The father was on a morning talk show a few weeks ago. I saw the interview on TV while at the gym. I was amazed at how well the father kept it together. It's totally unbelievable that an officer answering a 911 call would respond like that. Hope he spends a long painful eternity in hell!

·
Registered
471 Posts
i laughed like hell when i heard it....

WHile the officer responded in a not so PC manner.. he did dispatch emergency crews immediately...

a 15 day suspension usually equals about 1 month for an officer.

If every officer got fired for not being soft and cuddly all the time, there would be no officers left....

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
There was an online petition to get this officer busted. It had thousands of signatures on it. It probably did no good.

·
Registered
615 Posts
"Meanwhile, the state police union tells us Trooper Peasley is remorseful for his comments but the union says the discipline is inappropriate and harsh."

And people wonder why I don't like unions.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
FloridaMike said:
i laughed like hell when i heard it....

WHile the officer responded in a not so PC manner.. he did dispatch emergency crews immediately...

a 15 day suspension usually equals about 1 month for an officer.

If every officer got fired for not being soft and cuddly all the time, there would be no officers left....
Dumbest post of the year nominee....

Not being sympathetic is one thing, but often times there can be valuable advice to give to those around the victim that could save his/her life. If you can't see that then I have another nomination to make.

·
Don't Mess With Texas
324 Posts
I HATE hearing these excuses offered up by his superiors and the police union for why he reacted the way he did.

It should bother other officers as well as motorcyclists. If you respond to a tragic event and and reap joy from others loss then you don't have the mental capacity to be in law enforcement.

I wouldn't want a screwball like that backing me up.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
snakemann said:
I HATE hearing these excuses offered up by his superiors and the police union for why he reacted the way he did.

It should bother other officers as well as motorcyclists. If you respond to a tragic event and and reap joy from others loss then you don't have the mental capacity to be in law enforcement.

I wouldn't want a screwball like that backing me up.
:cheers ... :dblthumb

·
Registered
471 Posts
2_wheeled_slave said:
Dumbest post of the year nominee....

Not being sympathetic is one thing, but often times there can be valuable advice to give to those around the victim that could save his/her life. If you can't see that then I have another nomination to make.
you should realize most 911 operators in police agencies arent trained or allowed to give medical advice... when you call 911, your call is first routed to the local police agency, if they decide its a medical call, it is often then routed to a different 911 center, which deals with fire/medical.

The reason for many 911 operators having their hands tied from giving medical advice is because they simply arent there. Its hard to give advice about a situation you cant see. Hardly any 2 medical calls are alike.. Its not like delivering a baby where you know exactly where to look...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
FloridaMike said:
And the disadvantage is........

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Jason said:
There was an online petition to get this officer busted. It had thousands of signatures on it. It probably did no good.

Nothing ever does any good when ya go aginst a cop.....unless you just shoot them yourself,because the same thing always happens when a cop does the wrong thing.........they get suspended with pay while there is an internal investigation.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Blackduc said:
"Meanwhile, the state police union tells us Trooper Peasley is remorseful for his comments but the union says the discipline is inappropriate and harsh."

And people wonder why I don't like unions.

And people wonder why i don't like cops.........Most of the time

·
Registered
123 Posts
wow I haven't been on the board as of late so I missed this. That is absurd the least he should have is a mental eval. to see if he is fit for duty. I thought they did that every 6 mos or so but that could just be on tv. Any how if someone called my number for help I would do everything 02in my power to do so. This guy is trained and paid to act like that? At the very least I would say he needs a few mos. off to reasses his position and career choice. Just my oppinion but dosen't basic humanity come into play here?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts