Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Not that I disagree with you, but some times stupid even wins over experience.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not to hate on these start small guys. But i would consider a 600 starting small. I learned on one and everyone else i know learned on one.

Now those that learned going thru a moto safety course, then started small in a parking lot and moved up to the street then freeway where fine.

Friends that bought there bikes and where doing 100 before they even got there license in had a few accidents. and are missing the control of the bike.

And Believe me a few of us looked for 250s when we started this year they cant be found everyone wants one. so we started on 600s. Now there are some that say go for the 1000 its the same just for grownups. no no no. anyone that says start on one of these is asking to kill some friends. A friends Girl leanred on a kawi 1300, She handles it fine and respects it. but i couldnt have done that.

But If you buy a bike find a good friend that rides and go to a parking lot and have him run you thru some drills like you learn with a MSC. You would be surprised once you get clutch control down, braking, and cornering. a 600 can be a small big that can be grown into.

Now out of all the 600s ive never seen one that didnt die if you just let the clutch off in gear..... now if your reving it then drop the clutch of course its gonna wheely but thats the point of my previous. if you start small all that gets out of the way. One of my friends that has a lead foot I wouldnt let him get out of 1st gear for a week. i had to get him used to the quicker response of the sportbike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.