Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you modify your bike?
Do you try to keep it as stock as possible with the hopes of it being a collectors?

If you mod what have you done?

·
Registered
324 Posts
With the tube frame Buells you are better off keeping it stock. Look at it this way, Buell used the Sportster engine (stock HP like 60) and bumped it up a bit to 101. So the bike is already hopped up and as you increase HP you also increase the risk of having problems. I enjoy riding more than wrenching.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i say mod it but be careful...i have an 99 x1 lightning and i modified it to get more power but also to make it run better...the fuell injection sucked for that year so i did a mikuni 38mm carb on the 98 s1 intake manifold that i polished...i ported and polished the heads did good plugs and wires forcewinder air intake and buell race exhaust...after that i had a friend on mine dyno tune it to a true 105 hp and 98 ft lbs torque at the rear wheel...after that was a stortz dampner and michlin pilots...i have a big bore planed and the crane ignition planed which is completely unnessissary...also im looking to the chain conversion and am looking for a stretch swing arm but cant find one...the bike right now runs better than it did when i got it with 3000 miles on it i have put 6000 on it and have had no more problems, when initially i had the fuel side of the computer go....the bike now has better throttle response less coughing and just runs damn good....

·
Registered
18 Posts
well my blast got a pipe and intake. traded it for a very modified X1. the X1 has a port/polished head w/ oversived valves, full race exhaust, race ecm, penske rear shock, race tech front end, custom clip ons, custom rear sets, and a $350 steering dampner. The bike is going to get modded further with better brakes, all carbon fiber body, and taken out to a 1250. Going to be a track/street bike with killer looks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had mine for three weeks and have 1,100 mi. on it. Mods so far are Jardine RT-1 slip on, Pro-series ECM, and the intake will be ordered early next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts