Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past two years my town has gone from only having a few people on sport bikes to everyone and their mother on one. Now I don't know if its because its a small town but it just seems as though every jackass I see is on a gixxer. Most of them are on the 1000. It just pisses me off to see such a great machine that is able to do so many great things get riden up and down a straight road friday and saturday night. Im nothing great on a bike but atleast I try to get everything I can out of my F4i. And now I keep seeing in the news another guy crashing on the weekend most of them are either running from the cops or trying to ride a wheelie at 100mph and eating it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just ignore the squids....
I seem to see allot of squidly R6's in my neighborhood....
Not much you can do about it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The way I see it. If someone wants to own a sportbike like that, to putt around town at the speed limits. All the more power to them. I'd say it's safer then riding wheelies down the freeway, kneedraggin around corners, or running for cops. Most importantly though, those things are illegal.. And really, it's my opinion that as long as someone pays 10grand or so for something, they should be able to do whatever they want to it. So long as it's legal to do so. I could really care less what someone wants to do with their 10,000 dollars of their own money.

·
Registered
905 Posts
cbr's and 636's are the bikes of choice round here. there are gixxers (i have one), but theyre not as prevalent as the hondas and kawas.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I no longer live in the small town I grew up in (Cowley, Wy - about 70 miles from Billings, MT) but when I've been back I've seen a few bikes around so I know what you're saying.

You'll see gixxers everywhere because that's when squids are looking for bikes they've heard Gixxer is fast and they know that stickers increase horsepower.
Not all gixxer riders are squids but most squids (I've seen/met) are gixxer riders.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
Yeah, is it just me or is it that a lot of the squids and jackasses everyday are on gixxers? I mean i'm not saying that there aren't others on different bikes, but a LOT of them seem to be on gixxers for some reason. Maybe it's because there are a lot of gixxers? :D

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
At the beginning of the summer I pulled up to a kid on a beautiful silver SV650. I pulled up and said nice bike. I knew it was brand new cuz he still had temp tags on it. I asked him how he liked it and he said it was alrigth but he wanted to get a GSXR1000. I asked him why and he said because it was faster. I think everyone has the impression that GSX R's are the fastest and badest even though his bike looked so nice.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
okie said:
Blinged out Busa's around here & surrounding area's.

Understatement of the century. I have never seen so many Hayabusas since I moved here to Memphis.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Sup with the suzuki thrashing in here? (can't we all just get along):lao :lao

·
Registered
905 Posts
Gixxerworld said:
Sup with the suzuki thrashing in here? (can't we all just get along):lao :lao
theyre jealous that our asses dont get burned from our lighter and more functional traditional exhaust. :eek:nfloor

just say NO to gixxer undertail exhausts! :cheers

·
Registered
243 Posts
GSXR's are a dime a dozen around here. The guy up at one of the local bike dealers (Yamaha, Suzuki, Triumph) said if I want an R1, I'm gonna pay sticker, $100 more if I want black, since they'll only get like 6 this summer. But if I wanted a GSXR1000, He could put me on one today and would deal it out the door best he could since they come by the truckload and get stacked up out back.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
GSXR's are a dime a dozen around here. The guy up at one of the local bike dealers (Yamaha, Suzuki, Triumph) said if I want an R1, I'm gonna pay sticker, $100 more if I want black, since they'll only get like 6 this summer. But if I wanted a GSXR1000, He could put me on one today and would deal it out the door best he could since they come by the truckload and get stacked up out back.
Out here in San Diego it the opposite, I think that is just basic supply and demand.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I am starting to see alot of Vespa's in Toronto. I am getting worried.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
MAD_CAT said:
I am starting to see alot of Vespa's in Toronto. I am getting worried.
Scooter mania here too. The more cars and trucks off the road the better I say.

Suzi do seem favored by squidly types. I put it down to
-Cheaper than the others
-Hard as nails rep
-hp
-winning at the track
-They feel they can treat like the do their women. Kick the cow around after a case of Pabst :lao

·
Registered
905 Posts
lol. i had a middle-aged woman on a scooter wearing capri pants and no helmet give me the low-left-hand 'wave' a few weeks ago. i almost low-sided from laughing so hard. i waved back just to be nice. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Suzuki makes a good quality 1 liter that has alot of bang for the buck. I have a co-worker that raced the 750 and went up to an 1100. He said that there were alot of aftermarket stuff for it and that out of the crate it performed well. I didn't buy one cause it wasn't that comfortable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Alot of gixxers here to. I have both the GSXR750 and a CBR 929RR. While the GSXR seems a little more comfortable. I perfer the ride position and styling of the honda

1 - 20 of 31 Posts