Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i pay about 150ish every 6 months for liability only. granted i have ins. for uninsured motorists etc..

it turns out I can get full coverage with a 500 dollar deductible, fire, theft, collision, for 350 every 6 months with my bike valued at 5k. also if i took the msf course im sure my rate would go even lower. this is with 4 points on my insurance too! (i think i only have 1-3 tho.)

is it worth it? i would have to switch insurance companies. so im guessing i would incur start up fees?

I dont leave my bike in situations where it would get stolen and I lock it up/cover it every night.

also dropping it isnt a big deal bc if i did i have the cage and that would protect the majority of everything. also 500 dollar deductible i would only use if the bike was totalled or i couldnt find the parts cheaper on ebay.

who is running full coverage and who is only running liability?
 

·
Back in Black
Joined
·
5,538 Posts
Liability only, but mainly because I'm not really worried about my bike being stolen.

If I was to worry about it getting stolen, I'd probably just get theft insurance (assuming the bike was paid for).

IF I were to have full coverage, I'd likely never use it (again, assuming the bike was paid off). I'd rather keep my rates low.

edit: I REALLY hope you don't think you're fooling anyone by entering in false info for your profile. You'd been picked out before you made your first post.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hmmm good idea on theft insurance only. that is my only real concern. well fire/act of god insurance is only 8 dollars a month so might as well add that.

edit:
im not and i kno. i dont feel like entering info in a profile that will just get banned again. it's kinda fun keeps me creative with names.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
I'm only running liability, I'm not gonna say full is a waste but I just don't think it's worth it. People can argue both ways depending on their opinion, but to me it's liability FTW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
i have liability only since its paid for. Of course if it wasnt, you ahve to have full coverage. ive thought about full coverage since if I were to wreck it, i cant afford to fix it, much less buy another bike. but I cant afford full right now, so liability ftw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
full, my bike isn't worth much and its paid for but if it were totaled or stolen i would want what little its worth for a new bike. also its only 470 a year so thats not bad at all.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigBadR1 said:
I'm only running liability, I'm not gonna say full is a waste but I just don't think it's worth it. People can argue both ways depending on their opinion, but to me it's liability FTW.

what if u laid her down or it was stolen? i guess being 19 and have a 1000cc would be hard to insure. whew it would prob be 1k+ for me to insure a 1000cc a year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Liability here, It's paid off (gotta love the job) but I use liability since prgressive wanted $300 - a testicle fpr monthly payments. I'm too broke and like to stay "balanced"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,653 Posts
my bike is paid off, and I still have full coverage. I don't have the money to replace.....well pretty much anything right now, so ins. is a must for me. Plus bikes are wayyyyy to easy to steal, and I am much like you kyle I try not to put my bike in situations where things can happen. But you never know.
 

·
Titanium Princess
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
I have full coverage. For one thing, if you're still making payments on any vehicle, you're required to have full coverage. I mean, why not have full coverage on a bike you love? If someone steals it, hits it, does a lot of damage to it by it going down some how, are you really going to have the funds to fully replace it or fix everything that needs to be? Or better yet, pay for the medical bills that you possibly could have inflicted on someone else during an accident? My full coverage insurance is only $65 a month. Why take a risk? Prepare for the worst.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,653 Posts
suzukichic01 said:
I have full coverage. For one thing, if you're still making payments on any vehicle, you're required to have full coverage. I mean, why not have full coverage on a bike you love? If someone steals it, hits it, does a lot of damage to it by it going down some how, are you really going to have the funds to fully replace it or fix everything that needs to be? Or better yet, pay for the medical bills that you possibly could have inflicted on someone else during an accident? My full coverage insurance is only $65 a month. Why take a risk? Prepare for the worst.
required, not necessarily. Your loan program apparently so. I know for certain when I got my bike Sal talked me into financing it since I hadn't secured the funds for it yet.(waiting for the sale of some stocks to go through) They told me that full coverage was not necessary, but it was only $600 a year.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah full cov. in some situations isnt necessary. i kno some ppl tho that got their bikes stolen and are still payin for them tho!!
 

·
Titanium Princess
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Get full coverage, it covers everything in those "just in case" situations.

You don't want your bike jacked and then you go "damn, I wish I had full coverage". Or it get completely totalled and then you say "hmmm, wish I had full coverage, I can't afford to fix it all on my own".
 

·
**My PG13 Avatar**
Joined
·
1,571 Posts
full coverage, so you don't have to worry about f*tards on group rides messing your stuff up.
 

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
suzukichic01 said:
Get full coverage, it covers everything in those "just in case" situations.

You don't want your bike jacked and then you go "damn, I wish I had full coverage". Or it get completely totalled and then you say "hmmm, wish I had full coverage, I can't afford to fix it all on my own".
Both mine are long paid for and I will always keep full coverage on them.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top