Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bring It!
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's my question: Is putting a fuel/air controller such as Power Commander or Bazzaz purely for optimization or is it also healthier for the engine? I'm asking if the engine will be harmed by not running one on a bike with a shorty, pretty damn open, slip on exhaust with a K&N air filter?

Back storry: I had a PC5 with an auto tuner but I think it's gone to shit. I've put some miles on since disabling it and while I do notice the perfomance difference the bike seems to run fine.

I'm 100% going to put a Bazzaz with auto tune on it but I'm riding the bike from WI to TX in April and I'm not sure I can afford it along with all of the other expenses for the trip. If I can afford it I'm going to do it but...worse case scenerio.

What I'm not looking for here is a discussion on whether I SHOULD put one on or not because I know the answer to that. Simply am I hurting the bike long term by not doing it.

Thanks Yalls!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
can be used for many things.

I'd like to see if I can use it for ignition timing and fueling so that I can more easily run 93 octane fuel (the only shit around here that is ethanol free) in a bike that was designed for 87 (because fuck ethanol and everything to do with it)

·
Registered
743 Posts
can be used for many things.

I'd like to see if I can use it for ignition timing and fueling so that I can more easily run 93 octane fuel (the only shit around here that is ethanol free) in a bike that was designed for 87 (because fuck ethanol and everything to do with it)
It might let you add some timing to get more power, but a bike designed for 87 running 93 will run perfect aside from being down a fraction of a percent of power due to the slower burn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts