Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1st name basis with Death
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going through my Disneyland pictures from last month...

I first went in '78, then in '88, then with a buddy in '98!!!

For 2008, I brought my wife and my 7 year old son... as we approached the front gates, I looked up to see the top of a ride that has stayed in my heart and my mind for 30 years... I pointed up and said "Wyatt look... there's Space Mount..." All of a sudden, I had this lump in my throat the size of a baseball, and I couldn't speak!!! Tears began rolling down my face... I was so overwhelmed with emotion, I had to walk away for a minute to compose myself!!!

I honestly don't know what came over me... I was thinking it had something to do with all of the things that have happened in my life in the last 10 years. My near fatal bike crash of 2000, the birth of my son, getting married... it's like I knew every single event that I went through, and they all flashed through my head right at the gate...

Once we walked through the gate, and started walking down Main St. my wife put her head on my shoulder, and she started crying!!! I asked her what was wrong... she told me that she was promised as a little girl that she would go to Disneyland, but it never happened!!!

I can say without a shadow of a doubt, this last trip was the most magical week that I can ever remember in my entire life!!!

I'm so glad I came down when I did... I told my wife I almost forgot what it was like to have fun!!!

I just want to let all you SoCal residents know how special Disneyland is to people, and just how powerful the place really is...

...it truly is the Happiest Place On Earth!!

(i know this is a real sappy post, but this is Disneyland, baby!!!)

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
:) glad you had fun... we're actually going back this Christmas...

·
Registered
267 Posts
visited it on on the 8's huh? coincidence?
I thought they shut space mountain down and turned it into something else? Are you talking about the Matterhorn?

·
1st name basis with Death
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starting from '78... every 10 years!!!:eatpop

...and just like '98, Space mountain was the first, and the last ride of the trip!!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts