Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten caught keeping their bike inside an apartment, since I've never read a lease that allowed someone to keep a motor vehicle in the unit. If you have gotten caught, what happened? a fine? if you've never gotten caught, please respond too. i'd just like to know. :) thanks, i appreciate it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My old neighbor kept his dirt bike in his apartment. He used to leave it sit out in front but the landlord said the neighbors complained becasue it looked bad or some bs. he didn't mind him keeping it inside as long as it wasn't on carpet and he never started it indoors.

·
Registered
234 Posts
does a lease actually say you can't? never really had a problem with it. don't have that problem now because we have a garage but before parking inside didn't seem like a big deal as long as you didn't mess up the place

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have never seen a lease agreement that stated, no motor vehicles inside. Of course it didn't need to be said in an appt. on the 3rd floor. I had a buddy who had a warehouse space downtown and kept his car, bike and truck in the living room next to the TV and playstation. That was freaking cool.

I was considering bringing the bike into the morning room this winter, but decided that the linolium wouldn't like it. (probably didn't spell that right).
so she stayed in the garage : (

but hey, what your landlord doesn't know won't hurt him as long as you don't do damage to the appartment.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Unfortunatly, I lived in Wisconsin for 10 yrs, and if you didnt have a garage with your apartment, you had to keep um in your living room. I did for 6 yrs, and had no problems with landloards. But I alos kept it off the carpet. I think it all depends on your landlord and fire codes..

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was evicted for keeping my GSXR 1000 inside my apartment....There was nothing specifically in the lease. There was a clause about not storing gasoline in the storage room in the basment of the building.... Somehow this carried over to the apartment...
It is also propably against fire code(I don't know for sure) but I went to the state and they said I could fight it but that I would eventually loose because of that....
So who knows...

Edit: The landlord was also a friggin AHOLE who gave me hard time from day one..... :asshole

·
Registered
252 Posts
Fire Codes and the gasoline are usually the biggest concerns on the apartments end. I had my bike outside on my porch (another porch above mine) and got a notice to remove it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow, I was planning on keeping my bike inside the appt for the winter but it doesnt sound like that great of an idea with people being evicted and all.

Is it bad for motorcycles to be exposed to cold winter weather. Im sure it is but what can I do about it????

·
Registered
55 Posts
You could get a storage unit to store it in for the winter to keep it from the elements, or take a look at your own situation and consider the risks of keeping it in the apartment. Or if you're lucky maybe you have a buddy with a garage and you could work out a deal with them...just some thoughts.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
me and my roomate kept our bikes in the living room. landlord didnt find till there was about 3 weeks of school left. he just told us to keep em outside, no big deal.

first pic is the 954 in my bedroom over the winter. second pic is me and my roomates bikes in the living room

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the responses.

all 3 of the leases i've signed have it listed under the fire code. plainly says no gas powered vehicles (i.e. scooters, motorcycles, etc) may be kept inside the unit. i'm moving into a new place, and we also are not allowed to keep bikes on the breezeways or under stairways.

i think i'll just give it a shot, and if they give me shit about it, i'll just try and come up with another solution. thanks again for the reponses.

·
Registered
170 Posts
snigg said:
me and my roomate kept our bikes in the living room. landlord didnt find till there was about 3 weeks of school left. he just told us to keep em outside, no big deal.

first pic is the 954 in my bedroom over the winter. second pic is me and my roomates bikes in the living room

That door looks to small to get the bikes in, did you have a patio door?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I stayed in one place while in school that said no to motorcycles and bicycles too. We weren't allowed to keep them inside, or even on the patio like area. We were only allowed one parking space (they towed religously). I knew poeple who left their bikes in the climate controlled storage for $45 a month. I guess it happens, I think you have to be seen to be caught though.

·
Banned
912 Posts
I wish I could put my bike in my house. But I have to settle for this crap! Gotta love military housing, I don't even have a driveway! Bike locked to the poll right in front of the front door. Kind of a pain getting into the house put when ever someone walks up the walkway my dog lets me know, so it's the best place for the bike. If I don't keep it thier then the next palce is on the street unlocked. NOT HAPPENING!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
when i lived in an apartment my landlord didnt care if it was inside only if i didnt turn it on and make a mess on the carpets and stuff.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
mrnyknicks said:
That door looks to small to get the bikes in, did you have a patio door?
fold the mirrors in and push it right in. not tons of room but enough to not have to worry bout scratchin it up and shit

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had mine in my apartment all winter and it was great. I just couldn't call for maintanence all winter. But when summer came, I called them with a list of problems and by then the bike was out and all was well. They never knew. Also, make sure your bike is cooled off completely before you bring it inside or it will stink to high heaven. I also plugged the pipe so I didn't have to smell the stink that lingered in the can. It is cool as hell, all I did was spray wax it and take pics of it!! Plus you have the piece of mind of knowing its safe from people and the elements!!

Brian

·
Registered
984 Posts
If your planning to store it during winter, then just drain the gasoline. That takes care of the fire problem :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts