Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Used to run Dunnies 208's, now got a set of Pirelli's Super Dragons. I have yet to put them on (winter season), but I hear they are the SHIT!
So I will let you know how they run in a couple of months.

·
Registered
251 Posts
pilot powers for street and the occasional track day. works awsome for about 3 track days and then they are toast. for a true track day i run either pilot power race meds or D208gpa

·
Registered
251 Posts
when i got my 04 1k i was thinking that the handeling was okay, nothing spectacular. after about 1k miles on them i switched them out for a set of pilot powers and wow did the bike come alive. huge, huge difference over the stockers.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'll run either metz z6's or m-1's depending what they have at the shop whenever I'm there for some new rubber.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Pilot Powers, but I haven't ridden hard enough to tell much difference, though they do feel better than the stockers.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Pirelli Diablos on my Daytona!

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
Don't know if they are out yet, but watch for the M3s. Based on the reviews and how good the old M1s were I'm sure they will be excellent street tires .

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
ApriliaSL said:
Don't know if they are out yet, but watch for the M3s. Based on the reviews and how good the old M1s were I'm sure they will be excellent street tires .

I think the M3s are out. I was advised last week that a dealer I know has them in stock :dblthumb

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey Guys here is a link to Tire Tech.. all the stuff someone should know about chosing and maintaining tires.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/tires/

*I run Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa's, just to stay in thread topic*

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a newb question, and well since I am one to motorcycles I don't mind if I look stupid asking. My back tire has a plug in it, is that okay. The tread is good and I don't want to fork out the cash just yet unless it's a big no no.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just ran Dunlop GP-A's at the track. Damn, those are the finest tires I've ever turned a wheel with! Just incredible traction, feel and predictability.
When they do start to slide, it's more like a gradual 'smudge' feeling. So forgiving and confidence inspiring.

Not a sermon... just a thought. :cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts