Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there are so many choices out there. I need a tire that will be good for some distance riding. This is hard to find being that the busa is a tire eating machine. Do you guys have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I got some pretty respectable mileage out of the stock rear with fairly good grip too. When the rear was shot, I replaced the pair with a set of good Pirelli Super Corsica race take-offs. I just don't use my Busa in a way that I can really feel the advantage of the Pirelli's. I never got them warm enough and I just don't have hardly any curvy roads around here anyway. So, the rear Pirelli is shot now, and I'm going back to the stock Bridgestone's. I've seen polls done by other Busa owners and the Bridgestones seem to be a good mix between mileage and grip. I do plenty of distance riding and that's what I'm going to be using in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The stock BT56 are a great compromise on mileage/grip. I have also used a set of BT010, Pilot HPX's, M1's and I now have a set of H2's on the bike. The Pilots are without a doubt the best street tire I have ever used however a very short lifespan. I have used 2 rear M1's, the 1st lasted over 2k and the second only made it 770 miles. Keep in mind I live in the mountains of NC. The 1st M1 was used mainly for commuting and a blast or two thru the mountains. The second M1 was abused at Deals Gap and the surrounding roads. The only reason I am trying the H2, is I got a steal on a set on take offs. Impressions so far....they stick like glue and turn in with very little effort. I am heading back to Deals over the weekend and should be able to have a better feel fot the H2's.

I have heard quite a few Busa riders raving about the Avon 45/46 as stated above. I have never tried them so I have no 1st hand knowledge on them.

Kevin
[email protected]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Never ridden a busa before but the last ZX12R I rode had the AV45/46 combo and they felt great. The owner had 4600 miles on them at the time and they had lots of life left. He does not ride the bike gently either.

I put Pilot Roads on my 9R and am thrilled with them. I can make them slide a bit but they stick fine for sane road riding and appear to be wearing like iron after nearly 3000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts