Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I will have to purchase some soon. Just want to know wich would be a better choice. I want to ride long distances, so I don't want super soft tires, I'm more concerned about getting a good overall tire with good wear.

I found these tires within my budget:

Pirelli MT75

Metzeler M330 (front) and M550 (Rear)

Wich would be a better tire?

(I also found some "Duro" branded tires, but I'm not that cheap, $20 for the front and $70 for the rear, way too cheap)

Choices for my bike aren't that many, Avon Azaros, Pirelli Diablo Strada, Pirelli Dragon GTS, Pirelli MT75 and Metzeler M330/550. Those are the only choices here, well, that and the Korean tires, but I don't want any of those.

I would love the Diablo Strada or Dragon GTS, but they are way too expensive, the front is more expensive than the pair of the ones in my budget.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
because of this ---> "I want to ride long distances, so I don't want super soft tires, I'm more concerned about getting a good overall tire with good wear."

I highly recommend Avon ST 45 front and 46 rear. Great handling, good in rain and dry and very good wear characteristics. The "turn in" with them really feels good. I had them on my '92 Kat 1100 and they were great. On my FJR 1300 now - had Metzlers and I didn't like them at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have Pirelli MT75 in my CBR, and they are really good. They are designen to sport touring, have exelent "milleage perfomance", and if you dont get to a track and give them a higway use they have good handlin

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have Pirelli MT75 in my CBR, and they are really good. They are designed to sport touring, have exelent "mileage perfomance", and if you don't get to a track and give them a higway use they have good handlin.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
metz z-6 :drool

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like reading comprenhension is not the strong of some people in here:

Quote of my post: Choices for my bike aren't that many, Avon Azaros, Pirelli Diablo Strada, Pirelli Dragon GTS, Pirelli MT75 and Metzeler M330/550. Those are the only choices here, well, that and the Korean tires, but I don't want any of those.

Cabo, how does the MT75 handle with rain and high speeds??? The speed rating what the only thing I didn't liked about them. How is the wear on them?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm pretty sure it will be the MT75, just one quesiton...

What size for the front???? 110/80 or 110/70 ???

The 80 has a speed rating of "s" and the 70 "h", the rear is rated as "h".

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chesus said:
i show the MT75 is not even made in the size for your bike

110/80-17 150/80-17 ?
Huh??? Yes, the MT75 is made on that sizes, I already checked that. Those sizes of MT75 may not be available in the US, but they are available here.

I just wanted to know if a 110/70 with a "H" speed rating would be better than the 110/80 with a "S" speed rating.

·
Registered
533 Posts
"S" rated says 112mph and "H" says 130mph

my book says the MT75 is for the aprilia RS50 and buell blast, it also says they are T rated for 118mph. where are you getting your info from? maybe at one time they did make the sizes for your bike or something...

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, that may be the fitment chart for the US, but I've already seen the tires on the 110/80, 110/70 and 150/70 sizes on a store, and they were new tires, not old stock.

Remember that tires are way cheaper in the US, so people with my budget can afford way better tires than what I can do here, that is why cheaper tires are available here.
Heck, Cabo is running MT75s on his CBR F4, and I bet your book doesn't say anything about MT75s for the F4.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Looks like reading comprenhension is not the strong of some people in here:

Quote of my post: Choices for my bike aren't that many, Avon Azaros, Pirelli Diablo Strada, Pirelli Dragon GTS, Pirelli MT75 and Metzeler M330/550. Those are the only choices here, well, that and the Korean tires, but I don't want any of those.

Cabo, how does the MT75 handle with rain and high speeds??? The speed rating what the only thing I didn't liked about them. How is the wear on them?
The tires i have before the MT75 was a chep ones, brand "Podium" :pisson , so i cant compare it to other tires, but within my little tires experiences i think they handle ok....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts