Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok .... so far the one thing I haven't even tried to do myself is change my own tires & chain. I'm going to gues it's rather simple in the long run.
What I would like to know is what tools would I need to change out the tires & chain??

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I can't really tell you what tools you'll need, but I can tell you that you'll want to balance the tire when you're done.

You might be farther ahead just taking the wheels off and taking them to a stealer to have the tires mounted and balanced.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Tires I can't help you with but for the chain, you will want to use a chain breaker and the nifty tool that presses the links back together. I did mine without it and it was a pain in the backside. Much worse than the stock seat. Look at the auction on ebay for the 520 conversion kit from sumofallparts and at the end of the page there is a picture and description. Then search for the best deal from where ever. Trust me on this one. It is a MUST.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
FAZR6 said:
I did mine without it and it was a pain in the backside. Much worse than the stock seat.
:eek:nfloor At first I was wondering what did you do to modify the stock seat that was so hard? :lao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts