Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatup ya'll not sure if everyone already knows about this but I figured if ya didn't I might as well share the wealth. The below link is to a service called auction sniper.

http://auctionsniper.com/

basically what it is, is just a service which will bid for you the last 2-4 seconds of an auction you want to win, that way your not outbid at the last second. I had never heard of it, then someone on another forum told me about it, and I haven't lost an auction since(granted have only bought one thing on ebay but thats beside the point). they generally charge between 1 and 5 dollars for the service.

If this is in the wrong forum move it, not sportbike related, but how many of us buy sportbike related shit off of ebay?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use auction sniper but nah man heres what you do.
Make sure your on Dsl/Cable etc'; and on a fast computer.

Okay Open ie explorer or netscape but thats it nothing else.

Open two different browsers not tabs.
minimize them so they both fit on the screen side by side.

On the right plase your max bid within the last 2:00 minutes. so it doesnt time out.Click bid and have it on the screen where you click you are sure YOU WANT TO BID. so your price is ready.

On the left screen refresh and count the seconds it takes to refresh,

Example : if it takes 4 seconds to refresh everytime you know your bid will take 4 seconds to process.

So you can make your bid at 6 seconds,knowing it takes 4 to process and only leaves 2 seconds for somone else to bid.
Thats what I do

Unless you cant be there on time,than auction sniper is your man, :bananafu:

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I use esnipe for all my auctions. I am 24/27 with it so far. Only reasons I lost those is because my bid was too low.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I do it manually.. and i have not lost an auction since.

What i do is.. i wait till the last 30 seconds of the auction and then i bid $50 - $100 more than the current bid depending on the price of the item.

I have even got hate mail from people who lost auctions.

email:

Dear doug97gxe,

you suck!!!

Thank you,
matt33522
for this item

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...3850&item=4144019922&sspagename=STRK:MEBWN:IT

check out the bid history :lol:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws3/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=4144019922

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
hmmm...I have been trying to buy a new motorola cell phone on there and that is exactly what is happening to me grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....last minute someone comes in and takes it!!

Thanks for the tips!! :D

·
Banned
245 Posts
you spent 90 bucks on 20 dollars shoes

I got a buddy who knows some people will put a high bid, and he will jack up the price on them on purpose. Even on auctions he doesn't want want the item.

Are you a really a winner if you win the auction, or are you a loser because you paid more then what its worth?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i have cable and its very fast so i wait till the last 2 sec and slam in my bid ive won every thing ive done this on so far

·
Registered
457 Posts
fierospeeder said:
you spent 90 bucks on 20 dollars shoes

I got a buddy who knows some people will put a high bid, and he will jack up the price on them on purpose. Even on auctions he doesn't want want the item.

Are you a really a winner if you win the auction, or are you a loser because you paid more then what its worth?

if you are willing to pay for it and you can afford it.. why not?

·
Banned
245 Posts
its not about being able to afford it. Its like people who say "you cant afford an SUV thats why you bash them" :rolleyes

Say your bidding on a motorcycle jack stand. You really want it and bid up to 120, and you get it for 100.

But they sell the same motorcycle jack stand at kmart for 60 bucks. Now whose the loser?

Oh ya, you can afford it, so that makes ya a winner :rolleyes

Theres a time and place to overbid on what an item costs, and thats usually a collectible item or something that no longer exists. Otherwise if your bidding on something and you can get it locally for the same price, then theres something wrong.

·
Registered
32 Posts
sniper is cool just dont wana pay for it , although many times i have been out or sleeping when it ended and wish i had it , i usaly do it manualy down to the last few seconds refreshing and waiting to hit the button to confirm .
but heck u realy wana win just bid like 1000 over what its worth :).
also i cant belive what i see people paying for items that i go search on the internet and find cheeper somtimes even cheeper for brand new.

·
Registered
457 Posts
its not yoru money.. so why are you getting bent out of shape?

if i want to pay $200 for a $50 bike stand, why is it getting you upset?

life is short man.. enjoy it. Keep your blood pressure low

fierospeeder said:
its not about being able to afford it. Its like people who say "you cant afford an SUV thats why you bash them" :rolleyes

Say your bidding on a motorcycle jack stand. You really want it and bid up to 120, and you get it for 100.

But they sell the same motorcycle jack stand at kmart for 60 bucks. Now whose the loser?

Theres a time and place to overbid on what an item costs, and thats usually a collectible item or something that no longer exists. Otherwise if your bidding on something and you can get it locally for the same price, then theres something wrong.

·
Banned
245 Posts
who said its getting me upset. Im simply replying back because you decided to reply to me originally. :rolleyes

your quote
if you are willing to pay for it and you can afford it.. why not?
and i explained it to you.

why would something like that get me upset, "*******************"

·
who......me????
293 Posts
fierospeeder said:

looks like someone is up to his old tricks again :twofinger this one...er...second at banned camp..."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts