Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I take my hands off the handlebars my will wobble a little bit when decelarating from 55 to around 45. Any thoughts (other than the smart ass "don't take your hands off the handlebars") or comments?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Heya!

Is your front tire in good condition?

My FZ6 is also making that wobble, and so was a friend of mines(the one mentioned on my sign). When he replaced his front tire, the wobble went away.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Daeron said:
So if I take my hands off the handlebars my will wobble a little bit when decelarating from 55 to around 45. Any thoughts (other than the smart ass "don't take your hands off the handlebars") or comments?
I've read that a lot of bikes have certain speeds that generate a harmonic in the suspension to cause a wobble like that. Check tire pressures, wheel bearings and steering head bearings and, if all is good, DON'T TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF THE BARS. :lol

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Don't take your hands off the bars and it won't be a problem! :neener

Seriously though, as long as everything's tight, your tires are in good contidion, and you're positive the road's clear, you won't have any problems. I do it quite a bit actually. It gives my right wrist a short break.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
No chance this is head bearings (or whatever it was that mechanic said to me yesterday)?

·
Registered
227 Posts
my head bearing is shot, gettig replaced next week. But don't have any shake. When you put ur front tyre on, was it balanced?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
There are a number of causes to tire wobble: To name a few:

1) Unbalanced tires
2) Out of round tires
3) Rotors uneven thickness or warpage
4) Not enough oil in the front shock
5) Rear wheel not aligned
6) Rear shock pre-load too soft for rider/load
7) Tire pressure out of spec.
8) Wheel bearing needs re-packing
9) Too much play at the steering head bearings
10) What you're doing with both your hands when they are not on the grips!! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im trying to learn to do elevators. I wanna be the only guy stunting on the FZ. I am still learning wheelies and have had a few slam down pretty good, I wonder if this could be affecting it?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Daeron said:
I wonder if this could be affecting it?
Uh, yeah. It is. Bearings aren't designed to take shock loads which is what you're doing to them.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Daeron said:
im trying to learn to do elevators. I wanna be the only guy stunting on the FZ. I am still learning wheelies and have had a few slam down pretty good, I wonder if this could be affecting it?
No offense, but this is pretty damn funny. :lao

Might want to check your fork seals. That's probably not affecting the steering, but bringing the front end back down hard is tough on seals. Also, if you landed crossed up, you might have tweaked the front forks a bit. Having a shop check it out is the best idea. You can also try loosening up all the clamps on the fork and wheel, let everything straighten back out, then torque them all back down.

Have fun, and keep the stunting off the public roads, of course. :cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Daeron said:
I wanna be the only guy stunting on the FZ.
Too late... already done!

Saw a guy doing it in some DVD. A Lava Red FZ6-N.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts