Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any such thing as tire road hazard insurance for bikes. I just lost my second rear Metzler Z6 in the last two weeks. I picked up a nail both times. Today I had to station hop for air all the way home in rush hour traffic. If this keeps up I'll start buying them by the dozen. Maybe it's time to go back to Dunlop.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
That's one thing bad about softer tires. Stickier, but punctures easily. Then again, no rubber can withstand a nail.

·
Registered
157 Posts
6ALWAYS said:
Is there any such thing as tire road hazard insurance for bikes. I just lost my second rear Metzler Z6 in the last two weeks. I picked up a nail both times. Today I had to station hop for air all the way home in rush hour traffic. If this keeps up I'll start buying them by the dozen. Maybe it's time to go back to Dunlop.
cyclegear.com has road hazard. Not sure if you're required to have them install the tires. closest one to you is in CT.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My AVONs came with some sorta roadside hazard ... I'd have to read over the thing again though, something to do with the amout of tread you have left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts