Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:feedback Hey, all. I've worn out my big 190 rear tire at 3500 miles (!) and wonder what others are experiencing and what replacements you've used. I'm a pretty average street rider, a little overnight touring, and I love good handling. No track days planned. I'm considering a 180 replacement, but would like advice about that and brand names for good handling with more longevity...
Humbug
So Oregon Coast

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
The Metzeler Z6 and the Pirelli Diablo Strada are the top sport touring tires right now.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Wanted to add some info:

I managed to get 5k miles out of my stock battlax's, but i should have changed them at 4k (mostly hway miles).

I stuck with the 190, but picked up a set of Conti Road Attacks. got almost 4k miles on them already, and they are barely showing a flat spot. I have been riding more twisties during the fall, and they seem to work great in the mountains. i still put 50 highway miles everyday for my commute.

all my friends rock PP's, and these seem to stick just fine for what i do. I did notice the tires feel hotter than the PP's after riding hard, so i dont think they would work for a trackday, but i would be willing to try the Conti Race attacks for that.

Pro's:

Heat up quick
Stick good when warm
Last forever, and then some
Nice tread pattern
Low Price ($220 shipped)

Con's:

Get pretty hot when riding hard
Edges of tires stay cold(relatively speaking) on interstate during winter (not sure if this is the case with all tires, i never had a problem with the battlax)

Overall i like them, and will be getting my second set next year. For more info visit:

Conti Road Attack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts