Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what tire pressure are you all using in your tires, I have bee nusing 32 up front and 36 in the back as per manuel, but I am thinking of trying 34 or even lower in the back to increase contact patch. Should this cause any problems other than increased tire wear?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The dealer told me to use 31 front and 33 back and with passenger 33 front and 35 back. What should I follow? This or the manual?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've tried different pressures to get rid of the bouncing/shaking front while braking (with no result so far).
The european manual states that the front tire needs 2.25 bar (33 psi) for loads from 0-90 kg, and 2.5 bar (36 psi) for 90-190 kg. For high speed driving it's 2.25 bar (33 psi) front.
I contacted Bridgestone because it's quite confusing. The told me to use
2.5 bar (36 psi) front and 2.9 bar (42 psi) rear for the BT-020 (NT).

·
Registered
23 Posts
mxtr said:
I've tried different pressures to get rid of the bouncing/shaking front while braking (with no result so far).
The european manual states that the front tire needs 2.25 bar (33 psi) for loads from 0-90 kg, and 2.5 bar (36 psi) for 90-190 kg. For high speed driving it's 2.25 bar (33 psi) front.
I contacted Bridgestone because it's quite confusing. The told me to use
2.5 bar (36 psi) front and 2.9 bar (42 psi) rear for the BT-020 (NT).
what did they say constituted high speed driving?..ive been wondering about this since i got the bike..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well I'm getting some major wear in the rear using the High Speed settings and since I don't drive that fast I'm gonna split the difference and go 40PSI rear and 35PSI Front.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Having put nearly 200,000 sport/touring miles on various Yamahas, Ducatis, Hondas & BMWs, I've learned to almost always run 40 psi up front and 42 in the rear. I get pretty high mileage out of my tires with minimal front cupping/scalloping, and never a bent rim from hitting a bump with too low pressure. I'm also only 145 lbs. and I think overall loading weight makes a big difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts