Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good tire pressure to run in your rear? Last time I raced my tire did a little spinning off the line. I don't have a drag tire. The one I had on it last time was just the stock tire and now I have a Battlax 020 which is a "sport tour" tire so it will probably be even harder to hook. By the way I also have to ride my bike to the track and back. Without a compressor I don't want to be running on a really low PSI tire. Any suggestions on a good pressure that I can ride a few miles to the track and back home and still get good launches?

Thanks,
C.J.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I'd experiment, do some 3/4 launches on an open stretch and see what works best. Get a good gauge so you know exactly where you're at with each try. You can ride there on normal psi, bleed off to the pressure you liked best for launching, then stop at a gas station on the way out to get back up to cruising psi.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It depends on what kind of tires your running. A street tire is usually good around 16-18 psi. You will probably need lower pressure with a touring tire.
Go to the track lower the pressure a little at a time until you get a good launch. Both too high and too low will cause tire spin. After the track stop at the nearest gas station and air up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts