Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I left my bike sit for about 2 weeks because I was out of town. I came back and was going to go on a ride. Turned the bike on and went to back it out. I couldn't move it, rear tire was flat. I used my inflater kit for my car and pumped up the tire. I inspected the tire and found no signs of puncturing and couldn't hear air leaking. I left it there for about another two weeks and the tire pressure is holding. What would have caused my tire to go that flat if it wasn't punctured?

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
1) inflate it
2) put some spit on the valve stem to check for leaks
3) mix up a bottle of soapy water and apply to the entire tire and bead area, look for the bubbles that form from the leak

It's pretty odd that it could go flat in 2 weeks and then hold air for 2 weeks. Valve core would be my guess, it wasn't seated properly and when you reinflated it that action either cleared some debris or reseated it

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Could be valve core as the other have said . I had a very fast deflation at 80mph on the front tyre on the highway . Managed to keep it all upright and got on the shoulder . Roadside recovery came out as i had no repair kit or canisters with me .. Pumped up the tyre found no leak .. Carried on home . All was fine for about a week and suddenly it did it again fortunatley at much lower speeds this time .. I would recommend you get the core changed as a precaution cause when it goes, it goes down real fast ,and at the wrong place it could well result in a nasty incident .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be valve core as the other have said . I had a very fast deflation at 80mph on the front tyre on the highway . Managed to keep it all upright and got on the shoulder . Roadside recovery came out as i had no repair kit or canisters with me .. Pumped up the tyre found no leak .. Carried on home . All was fine for about a week and suddenly it did it again fortunatley at much lower speeds this time .. I would recommend you get the core changed as a precaution cause when it goes, it goes down real fast ,and at the wrong place it could well result in a nasty incident .
Going to get the core replaced. Haven't really had the opportunity to ride lately anyways. Thanks for the help!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts