Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there is an easy way to paint the tread on your tires. i seen it on some videos and i know it would take a long time painting each one with a paint brush so i was wondering if anyone knows an easier way. thanks

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Get a 5 ga buckett of oil and pour it in a curve,go get on your bike and go aroun the curve.It's the same difference.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Ghey...............

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm guessing that your talking about tomahawk tires (Or "tyres" to those crazy brits)from the UK? They are retread tires that come in multiple colors... but its dyed into the tread, I'm pretty sure your screwed if you actually paint your treads:)

http://www.cycletires.com

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Just go to ebay and search for "tread pen" they are about the gayest thing ever, but if you really want your tread painted go ahead. You realize what that does for traction right? I mean if you enjoy spending time laying on the ground after a crash, go right ahead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just spraypaint the whole damn tire and let the paint rub off. some figure-8's in a parking lot outta do the trick, just like breaking in new tires. unless you still got huge chicken strips! :twofinger

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think what you are talking about is painting the inside of the thread and not the actual tires. My friend did his a while back. He bought a color marker in the crafts department at Walmart which he says cost him about $2. Took him a while but didn't look too bad. I personally don't like it, but hey its your bike and your taste.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
i agree with everyone else i think it looks like crap and is a waste of money... i know of 2 guys that have done it and both regret doing it... but like they all say its your bike

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
thats the gayest shit ive ever seen u put on ur tires..

·
Registered
128 Posts
a friend of mine showed up at our group ride yesterday with his tire letters outlined in yellow. He has a red and white 01 f4i but he also spray painted the rims yellow then polished the lip it looked kinda ok , but it's not my style.......he rode fine and it didnt make his tires slip at all and we were running pretty good on the straights and railin' the twisties. He got it from lockhart phillips if thats any help to you all who wants those pens

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
painting the lettering is one thing.....it does get to be a PITA in the long run, this guy's talking about painting the grooves in the tread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts