Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the oil in the 250 today and washed it since someone was coming to look at it this afternoon. I hopped on it to take it for a spin and noticed the immediately that the front was really mushy and wondered how the tire lost so much air since I took it out a week ago... stupid nail. :(

Anyways, in my young motorcycling carrer I have yet to deal with new tires. If I buy them from the web, how much do shops usually charge to pull the wheel and mount the tire? How much for both wheels? Any place in particlar I should go? Or just head to Champion which is close to me?

The guy came today and he thinks he is gonna buy it. I told him about the nail and suggested that might want to consider replacing the rear with something different since the stock tires suck. I would pay for something like a Pirelli MT75 for the front and he could pay me for the rear one. He seemd to like the idea...

Thanks in advance for the mounting info/costs... :)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Hobert, I bought the Pirelli Sport Demons for my 250 at www.parts411.com then when they came in, I paid Todd to mount them for me. I brought him just the tire/rim. He does good work and isn't expensive. Here's some research I had when I was pricing out tires:

Tire Prices
www.mawonline.com
Pirelli Sport Demon
$72.95 100/90/16
$84.95 130/90/16
Total: $157.90

www.motorcycleproshop.com
$69.00
$95.00
Total: $164.00
Shipping: $7-15 per tire

www.parts411.com
$63.52 100/90/16
$88.61 130/90/16
Total: $152.13

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chiny. :)

I was looking at the Sport Demons and the MT75's based on the reccommendations on ninja250.net. The MT75s are a bit cheaper than the Demons but much better than stock. I will either pay for MT75 or subsidize the Sport Demon. The best price I could find before shipping was parts411, they beat Ron Ayers by $2.

I will give Todd a call, I still have his card in my wallet. :dblthumb

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:phatyo Before I could even finish replying you had prices from three different places edited in.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Schweet! I got the Sport Demons because of the track riding and at that time had no intentions on selling it. If you're selling it, than you don't need an expensive tire. Anything is better than stock. Try and get it done this week, Todd is leaving next weekend to go out of town.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Hobert said:
:phatyo Before I could even finish replying you had prices from three different places edited in.
Copy/paste from my notes :banana

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron Ayers:

MT75 100/80-16 FRONT $41.87
MT75 120/80-16 REAR $50.58
Shipping $8 per tire
Total $108.45 shipped

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chinygyal said:
Schweet! I got the Sport Demons because of the track riding and at that time had no intentions on selling it. If you're selling it, than you don't need an expensive tire. Anything is better than stock. Try and get it done this week, Todd is leaving next weekend to go out of town.
Thats good to know. The guy is going to confirm tomorrow. As soon as he does, I will order immediately.

Did you have stands for your 250? What was the bike on when you pulled the wheels and took them to Todd? I have been shopping for stands, but haven't purchased any yet. I will probably have them pull the wheels...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
My bike was on Snow's stands, he helped me get the tires off (thanks Snow :banana). He has stands that don't require the spools

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chinygyal said:
My bike was on Snow's stands, he helped me get the tires off (thanks Snow :banana). He has stands that don't require the spools
Gotcha. I should invest in some stands soon. I will make that decision after I find out my LSAT score Monday.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Do you have spools on the R6? I will probably need to get some stands for my f4I too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts