Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a normal price to put tires on? i want to order tires online but of the places around here that will put them on want to charge me up the ass. i forgot how much exactly, but i think the best price was like $140 to put both on. with that kinda price i might as well go through the dealer.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
are the wheels loose are on the bike?

~$15-25/tire loose
~$45/tire on the bike.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i haven't taken a wheel of a bike before, i have stands, so is it basically loosen a bolt and slide of the wheel? or am i better off just paying the extra cash and ride it there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
patfitz9 said:
i haven't taken a wheel of a bike before, i have stands, so is it basically loosen a bolt and slide of the wheel? or am i better off just paying the extra cash and ride it there?

If you have stands, take them off. it not hard, and they should charge U less.

I have a tire machine at home, so I do a lot of tires for my self and friends. I charge everybody $20 if tire is off the bike and $30 if its on. That is for mount and balence.

You might want to look for a small motorcycle mechanic shop, not a dealer.

The dealers here won't even mount a tire not bought from them. But locally, the lil mom & pop mechanic shops will.

U might want to ask a car tire place, thier machine can do motorcycle tires, if they hvae the mounts for a motorcycle rim. My machine will do car tires also, it came with both mounts, car/truck and motorcycle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts