Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I just bought a bike that has LARGER tires than stock. Both tires are Dunlop Sportmax D207's. The front tire is under-inflated and feels soft so it needs air. As we all know, the frame usually has the recommended psi for STOCK tires, so I'm out of luck. Where can I find the recommended inflation psi for these tires? I've checked the Dunlop website and NO luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Look for a customer service number for Dunlop and give 'em a call. I called Avon and they had good information to share with me about my tire/bike combo. So far everything they've told me has proven to be true.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
on the tires? Its on mine but I have Bridgestones.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey there .. I ride one just like yours except a year later model ... exactly the same except for the colours as far as I know.

I use 36psi front & 40psi rear.

I run a 180/55 zr17 on the rear and a 120/70 zr17 on the front. Standard tyres were 170/60 zr17 rear & 130/60 zr17 front. By changing the tyre sizes the bike turns in harder & quicker with better traction from the rear but gets a small headshake when under power (& I mean right up it :) ) exiting a bumpy corner ... just let off the throttle a hair & it settles down. Havent tried a steering damper .. never been that much of an issue.

Hope that helps :dblthumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts