Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to clean my air filter and I need to remove the small hose from the fuel tap and it is not only hard to get to, but the hose clamp is rotated up so I can't reach it to squeeze it. ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, got it. :) I did find out that I only had fuel tank bolts on the front of my tank!!! None on the back. Anyone else's bike like that?

·
EET FUK
2,335 Posts
i always have a bitch of a time getting that damn hose off, its a pain in the ass, also there are sharp edges of welds and bolts that stick out so be careful taking off and putting on the tank because you could end up with a hell of a big scratch. i always put masking tape on anything pointy or sharp so i avoid that issue and its save me more than a few times

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nevermind, got it. :) I did find out that I only had fuel tank bolts on the front of my tank!!! None on the back. Anyone else's bike like that?
No, I have them on back, which also hold the battery down.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would check around for one. I would think they put them on there for a reason. Happy hunting!
Thanks. I'll stop by the dealer and see what they have and how much. If it's easy, would you post up a pic or email me one so I can see what it looks like?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Autam8r, thanks for the pic. The po must have taken it off for some reason and never put it back on. Can't believe I didn't notice.

Jonny T, never noticed anything unusual. Crazy!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I reached in and rotated it around. It took awhile, but finally gave. Then used a pair of needle nose pliars to squeeze the clamp and slide it down.

how did you end up getting that hose clip off? i'm looking at the same problem right now, it's rotated up

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stopped by the dealer and ordered the battery brace today. Just 14 bucks with tax so I figured what the heck. Thanks again for all who helped with the problem.:banana

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Stopped by the dealer and ordered the battery brace today. Just 14 bucks with tax so I figured what the heck. Thanks again for all who helped with the problem.:banana
Got the bracket, but when installed I still have a gap between the bracket and the battery? Can some one post a pic or email it to me if easier. of their bracket/battery? Thank's
Rick

Nevermind, found a pic. Looks like there are rubber dudes that go under the bracket!

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Autam8r, thanks for the pic. The po must have taken it off for some reason and never put it back on. Can't believe I didn't notice.

Jonny T, never noticed anything unusual. Crazy!
You will if you start pushing it.

I'm not certain if this bike is any different, but the gas tank on many bikes, helps with frame rigidity. Push the bike hard enough & the frame WILL flex more than it should & you'll start noticing it pretty quick. I would be surprised if the ZZR was any different.

Be thankful it was just the rear bolts, it'd probably be more noticable if your FRONT tank bolts were missing as they're further from the center of the bike where forces are greater.

The rubber bushings that press down on the battery aren't nearly as important as bolting the back of the gas tank down to the subframe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts