Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I had to move my bike (its in the living room) to get a couch in and while I was moving it back I had a retard moment of a lifetime, i forgot to put the kickstand down. It feel on me knocking me in to my entertainment center and my foot was under it. It also knocked down my buddy and he landed ass first in the corner of my coffee table. I felt like such a fu*kin idiot but after we got the bike off my foot I got up and said "shit happens". The way i look at it is that at least if it had to go down it did it at 0 mph. Though I did get a nice swollen foot that may be sprained from it landing on it but like i said shit happens. sorry to bore you guys just thought id share. heres the pic of the only damage aside from my foot and my buddies ass.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
hehe it really blows when that happens. One time I started my bike and went into my backpack to get my gear out and watched as my bike fell over in front of me. Some how the kickstand sliped out on the somewhat uneven pavement.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Almost happened to me yesterday too. I put the side stand down, but it wasn't planted all the way. As usual, I slowly get off the bike and I felt it dip lower than it should and I stiffened my left leg. Didn't really come close the ground really, but if I just jumped off the bike there would have been something to show for it.

Looks like the damage is just the fairing, right?

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Does everyone keep their bike in their house?

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
theres two types of riders... those who've been down & those that will go down.. think of it as a surprise in disquise

·
Registered
24 Posts
Goes with the territory. “Got 1” said it best. It’s happened to us all. Just not everyone will admit it. I took my 04 busa off it’s rear stand, walked beside it, turned around, and the damn thing knocked me to the ground, and then it looked liked it jumped on top of me. Talking about crying for help, that was embarrassing!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Yep, happens to everyone. dropped my first bike, and luckily it landed in the grass, but it was in front of someone i was talking to. man i felt like a retard. then my friends brother dropped my current bike in his garage and cracked the front fairing. I was so pissed at first, but now i really don't care at all. lots of peoples' bikes have small scratches and whatnot. Its best not to sweat the small stuff.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dizzle said:
I would if I had a house that didn't have a garage. Unfortunately, I live in a second story apartment, otherwise I would take it into the apartment with me. If you leave it out where it can be seen, locked or not, you're just asking to have it stolen.

As for dropping the bike, unfortunately, I've also had my moment. I had been riding all of four days and as I came into the parking lot at work I went to grab the front the brake and accidentily throttled the bike as well. I over-reacted, slammed on the brake and basically just fell over. One lesson learned and very minimal damage to show for it. I call that a blessing in disguise. :cheers

I've heard all the kickstand stories and you can call me paranoid if you like, but I make it a habit of putting that thing out and kinda 'kicking' it a couple times to make sure it's all the way out. I usually get off the bike after it's settled on the kickstand and then I'll shake it a few times for good measure to make sure it's on a solid setting.

Fortunately (for the rider posting this) you learned your lesson and dropped yours in your own living room. Let me tell you, asphalt isn't nearly as forgiving as carpet. Consider yourself lucky!!!

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
I was riding my old '94 Seca II in the mountains, to the observation post of a 14,000 foot mountain.. It was COLD while moving, but when stopped, not bad at all. Rode the entire way up there, about 45 min.. Got to the post, Pulled in front of the Vistors Center, and stopped. Problem was my legs had stiffened up during the ride from the cold, and I couldnt get my left foot down quick enough.. Actually, I dont think my leg moved at all.. I just held on and *THUD*. I laughed so hard I almost pissed down my frozen leg!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Whenever iam bout to get off her i put the kickstand down and stand up and pull the bike backwards... then get off and pull it backwards again untill it moves a few inchs... only prob with that is at the front of the apartment all the tiles are scratched up from the kickstand... but its better then having scratches down the side of the bike...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
SicR6 said:
I've heard all the kickstand stories and you can call me paranoid if you like, but I make it a habit of putting that thing out and kinda 'kicking' it a couple times to make sure it's all the way out. I usually get off the bike after it's settled on the kickstand and then I'll shake it a few times for good measure to make sure it's on a solid setting.
I do this to an extent, I refuse to let my bike tip over because of something like that

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Dizzle said:
i do in my apartment....

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
at least nothing really bad happened, and I'm sure you won't let it happen again.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pigrat said:
Whenever iam bout to get off her i put the kickstand down and stand up and pull the bike backwards... then get off and pull it backwards again untill it moves a few inchs... only prob with that is at the front of the apartment all the tiles are scratched up from the kickstand... but its better then having scratches down the side of the bike...
lay down carpet, thats what i do since i have tile. plus the parents made me after seeing the marks. also told me no more burnouts in the padio :lol

·
Registered
819 Posts
lay down carpet, thats what i do since i have tile. plus the parents made me after seeing the marks. also told me no more burnouts in the padio
dam those blackmarks are hard to scrub off... its not allowed in the apartment anymore as the landlord got pissed with the dirty tyre marks through the building into the lift and to my front door... :lao

so down in the garage she goes with the cover and disc lock. :mad: ..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts