1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cabanaboy, good luck with the sale. Look forward to seeing you on a V-Strom, if you do decide to go that route

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I have no love for the V-Strom. Scathing reply deleted. :D If you like it then ill be happy for you.

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no love for the V-Strom. Scathing reply deleted. :D If you like it then ill be happy for you.
Seems to be a Beamer rider thing, even over on ADVrider lol. I rode the Vstrom and I can tell you it was cake....super smooth, handled so nicely, and riding position was great. I can't believe I will be anything less than stupid happy riding this thing. While I never felt fully comfortable riding on the SV, I immediately felt comfrotable and 'at home' on the DL650 which says something right away. It doesn't feel as heavy as the numbers say (except when braking) and the ride itself is super comfortable.

Maybe if I slap a BMW symbol on it somewhere you'll accept it a little more Dan :beer

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
No, because I'll know the truth. :D

I realize they cost more, even used, but since you brought up BMW, look at the F800GS. Destroys the V-Strom everywhere.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Levi

I have a V-strom 650 in the garage for sale if you haven't already found one. Doing some routine service on it and then should be ready. Nicely Farkled too. :)

I'll get more details if interested...

JZ

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
No, because I'll know the truth. :D

I realize they cost more, even used, but since you brought up BMW, look at the F800GS. Destroys the V-Strom everywhere.
Save for reliability... Which some of us actually care about.

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha thanks for the offer JZ, got me a spanking new 2012 V-strom.

Also, bike is SOLD!

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Save for reliability... Which some of us actually care about.
I know of several F800GS that hit 100k miles with zero issues. The VStrom is reliable as well. I'd just take the better, more powerful, more capable bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts