Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Council will consist of 10 Elected members of this board. The Board will be the power behind votes.

Votes will be who will be banned or they will vote on something to be added or removed to the website.

Basically the Moderators will post in the Council forums of a problem. Say its a member. The council will then vote if that member stays or goes. If its a tie. I will make the final decision.

Or if a comment has been suggestion on removing a feature from the website. or adding a feature to the website. It will be voted on by the council.

Remember these are council members you elected.

If your interested in being elected for a council member. Please reply to this thread. I will add you to the voting list. Voting list will be closed in two days. So get in fast.

Two things.

You must be a active member of the website. meaning you come here each day.

You also must have over 100 posts to enter and also vote. If you do not have over 100 posts you cannot vote. Sorry but we need you to be familur with the website.

All votes will be checked to make sure there is no cheating. Each account verified.

Thats about it. This I hope will relief the stress of me having to ban anyone and the website now votes on it :)

I will also add that I will still over see the council. Meaning they will not have the power to Ban.. but the power to vote.. if they come up with enough information on why a member should be banned. I will force it.

A Council member can be removed at any time if seen to be a problem. Not expecting this but it could happen.

If the council doesnt work out the way I am hoping. I will disolve it.. however I hope it will work out well.

BTW.. moderators will still send out warnings and keep a eye on how the board is run. They will also Ban "Troll" accounts right away.

Council members will serve for 3 months. After 3 months we will then have a re-election.. YOU can be re-elected.. this way it keeps fresh and people dont get scared of certian people.

If you had over 100 posts on the old website you can enter.. but please remember you have to come here daily.. If your attendance is poor you will be removed from the council

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
lol..........i like the mods theme much better........

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
vote me in.............

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
What is the term of this election? How long do these council members serve? Can the members remove them from office by some method?

If CasterTroy is saddling up for this lynch mob, you'd better count me in, too! :)

Edit: I forgot to ask a question, as with all other councils, will this one have a Chairperson? Officers? Given the nature of the informal council, since the members can't all be called to order and sit around a table at the same time - are you going to define a quorum? I think you'll have to.

Edit...edit: Is this council self-governed? Are the administrators of the site going to serve as the effective Board of Directors? I assume you'll have veto authority over votes, etc.

Edit...edit...crap, edit: Will there be a process defined to challenge actions of the council? Will there be an appeal process? What about executor review?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm not a post whore, but I'm here every day I'm at work and "normally" have something meaningful to contribute.

"You're Fired!!" = "You're Banned!!!"

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TheWraith said:
What is the term of this election? How long do these council members serve? Can the members remove them from office by some method?

If CasterTroy is saddling up for this lynch mob, you'd better count me in, too! :)

Edit: I forgot to ask a question, as with all other councils, will this one have a Chairperson? Officers? Given the nature of the informal council, since the members can't all be called to order and sit around a table at the same time - are you going to define a quorum? I think you'll have to.

Edit...edit: Is this council self-governed? Are the administrators of the site going to serve as the effective Board of Directors? I assume you'll have veto authority over votes, etc.

Edit...edit...crap, edit: Will there be a process defined to challenge actions of the council? Will there be an appeal process? What about executor review?
I will still Head the Council.. So I will keep things going and how process are worked through.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sure Troy....let's "gitterdone!" Put me in for it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
TheWraith said:

Wraith, you make me laugh. you always seem to put way too much thought into things. they are all good points, it just seems like a lot of thought.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Why do I think I'm going to regret this, but I'm game.

Call it "giving back", an older rider's perspective, or left coast representation. What the h.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
You know...we Midwesterners always get screwed. You've got "East Siiieeyyed" and the "West Siiieeeyyed", but what have we got? "Centraaaaaled"?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Since general councils pertianing to public office are usually "open to the public" to attend - I'd suggest that whatever "Council Forum" you create for the individuals to discuss topics in be visable by the public they are representing. Don't allow non-council members to create threads, reply to threads...but they should be permitted the dignity to see how their council behaves behind closed doors. No council operates well in a shrowd of secrecy. Let the people see the process in action.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can I get in on this too?.... :headbang Afterall, the entire council can't be filled w/ only you old farts can it? :)

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Tony824 said:
Can I get in on this too?.... :headbang Afterall, the entire council can't be filled w/ only you old farts can it? :)

I'm afraid you do not qualify. Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery. Never underestimate the power!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts